Why become a member? ×

Vigier passion SOLD to beneath it all (top bloke to deal with!)

mickd

[quote name='kevbass' post='369620' date='Jan 3 2009, 10:20 PM']Ped, why have you not bought this, we all know its your sole responsibility to purchase all Vigiers that appear on the for sale thread,[/quote]

Ha ha, I beat him to the last one on here ! :)

Hehe. I am lucky enough to have found 'the one (fretted and fretless, ahem)' so I don't think I will buy another bass, to be honest! This means I have a bit of money for the first time ever and can waste money on other expensive hobbies!!

Cheerz
pedro

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='369661' date='Jan 3 2009, 11:27 PM']Faron!

Which one did ye purchase???

N[/quote]

Yeah the red/burgundy one. Astonishingly playable neck, crazily thin, just makes playing it an absolute pleasure. Gonna get the dings sorted out and possibly a strip and refinish on the lacquer but nothing's in stone yet. Oh yeah and I'll definitely be getting a proper battery compartment fitted. :)

Edited by far0n

[quote name='ped' post='369652' date='Jan 3 2009, 11:16 PM']Hehe. I am lucky enough to have found 'the one (fretted and fretless, ahem)' so I don't think I will buy another bass, to be honest! This means I have a bit of money for the first time ever and can waste money on other expensive hobbies!!

Cheerz
pedro[/quote]
This bass is still for sale for everybody looking. :)
Had plenty of interest but nobodies yet to come and play it or see it in the flesh.I must stress that this vigier really is in mint! mint! mint! condition and plays and sounds amazing! So anyone after a bass like this you're more than welcome to give it a try if you're passing this neck of the woods.There is one of a similar year for sale on ebay at the moment over in italy which looks a bit rough to tell you the truth,and he's asking for 1200 euros (£1150)! so by comparison this could be a chance to snap up a rather good deal!?
Thanks again for looking,mick.

[quote name='mickd' post='369822' date='Jan 4 2009, 12:02 PM']This bass is still for sale for everybody looking. :)
Had plenty of interest but nobodies yet to come and play it or see it in the flesh.I must stress that this vigier really is in mint! mint! mint! condition and plays and sounds amazing! So anyone after a bass like this you're more than welcome to give it a try if you're passing this neck of the woods.There is one of a similar year for sale on ebay at the moment over in italy which looks a bit rough to tell you the truth,and he's asking for 1200 euros (£1150)! so by comparison this could be a chance to snap up a rather good deal!?
Thanks again for looking,mick.[/quote]
bump..

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='371290' date='Jan 5 2009, 07:36 PM']I can't believe no-one has bought this, if I was after a bass, this would be it for definite, I can't think of anything anywhere near as good for that money (apart from Sandberg, but they are very different!).[/quote]
Hey thanks for the positive comments thedontcarebear!

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='372424' date='Jan 6 2009, 09:05 PM']Well... I would have bought this to keep my S3 Passion V company...

But I've just tried an Arpege S4 and Passion S4 today.

And bought a Status Streamline instead.

(runs away)[/quote]
Nice bass Lfalex....but you should've saved yerself some money and bought my vidge!

This Bass is haunting me .....

......Checks Piggybank...........

Wanders off to pub to contemplate ........mumbling something about delicious basses credit crisis ....economic downturn ......

...I might be back though :)

Have a quiet bump , which hopefully wont attract too many potential buyers on me for an insanely lovely bass which i neeeeeed ...

Gary
V8

[quote name='mickd' post='374090' date='Jan 8 2009, 02:41 PM']Nice bass Lfalex....but you should've saved yerself some money and bought my vidge![/quote]
Thanks... good luck with the sale.
Someone do themselves a favour and buy this!
Put it this way- I've played about 15 Vigiers over the years, including 4 owned by forum members. They're all superb instruments!
(And have a free bump!)

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='374289' date='Jan 8 2009, 06:17 PM']Don't like to diss a brothers soft furnishings, but them cushions are giving me nightmares !!!!

Luverlee bass btw.
S[/quote]
They were crafted out of genuine yeti hide.
And thanks for the bumps v8bass n Lfalex!

Edited by mickd

I've always hankered after a Passion after playing one many years ago...lovely necks and wicked sound. Sadly recent birth of little one = no spare cash :)

Good luck with the sale :huh:

G

Edited by Gman

[quote name='Gman' post='375091' date='Jan 9 2009, 01:43 PM']I've always hankered after a Passion after playing one many years ago...lovely necks and wicked sound. Sadly recent birth of little one = no spare cash ;)

Good luck with the sale :P

G[/quote]
Its because of family commitments im having to sell this Gman so i know what you mean about no spare cash! Its going to kill me when it eventually goes,because this one is incredible,it sounds and plays like a dream.

Someone buy it!!! Maybe a sound clip of my own similar bass would help things - or totally kill off any interest!!! [url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WILDNiF6k38"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WILDNiF6k38[/url]

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' post='376092' date='Jan 10 2009, 01:05 PM']Someone buy it!!! Maybe a sound clip of my own similar bass would help things - or totally kill off any interest!!! [url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WILDNiF6k38"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WILDNiF6k38[/url]

Cheers
ped[/quote]
Thanks ped,very much appreciated! ;)

[quote name='mickd' post='365636' date='Dec 29 2008, 05:50 PM']4 string in a dark vintage sunburst,serial number 028 (1985ish),in absolutely mint condition (spent most its entire life in its flight case!),looking for about £900 ono.[/quote]
Now reduced to £820!