Why become a member? ×

Vigier passion SOLD to beneath it all (top bloke to deal with!)

mickd

You would be surprised how the front pickup sounds on this bass, like a mixture of stingray and P bass. Definitely sounds like it is further forward if you catch my drift. Unlike some basses with a similar layout each pickup is very usable on its own.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' post='378588' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:23 AM']You would be surprised how the front pickup sounds on this bass, like a mixture of stingray and P bass. Definitely sounds like it is further forward if you catch my drift. Unlike some basses with a similar layout each pickup is very usable on its own.

Cheers
ped[/quote]
Sold to beneath it all today,thanks for all the positive comments chaps over the last few weeks! Thats a mighty fine bass you've got mike! cheers

[quote name='mickd' post='380426' date='Jan 14 2009, 04:54 PM']Sold to beneath it all today,thanks for all the positive comments chaps over the last few weeks! Thats a mighty fine bass you've got mike! cheers[/quote]
Yes, I'd forgotten how good these were[are].Does feel a little cramped but It'll do me until I find the 5 stringer!..Thanks

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='380613' date='Jan 14 2009, 07:43 PM']Glad this one went to a good home. As already mentioned, Mike is a top guy & a professional player. I bought my TRB from him a while back.[/quote]
Howdy, how goes it? - Still kicking myself over the TRB!! Now on the prowl for a Dingwall 5..Regards..mike

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='376463' date='Jan 10 2009, 09:19 PM']Ave annuva bump m8!

This bass will sell, not perhaps to me but it is a rare model in good nick![/quote]

You see, I said it would sell! Must be me pyschic (is that the right spelling?) gypsy powers eh?!!!

Well done to Mike - I don't personally know you but if you are a mate of Rich's then you are a mate of mine (us pros must stick together! He ith my brother you know!

[quote name='ped' post='381397' date='Jan 15 2009, 03:32 PM']Great news on the sale - would be interested to hear your thoughts when you get your hands around her sweet and supple French neck

ped[/quote]
Hi Ped..Well, I stayed up ALL night getting my head around it[and my hands]..First of all I'll list the negatives! Don't really like the top horn;would have liked the front pup maybe an inch further forward so I can "dig in", although it does work really well - normally I tend to stay away from front pups..the bridge although good quality looks like an afterthought on this instrument; My main concern is the neck dimensions; a bit cramped for me particularly higher up the board,hopefully the 5 string model may negate that problem[you gonna sell me one!]..Now the good bits..Nice weight,comfortable to hold; Plays wonderfully well, every note has a sweetness and clarity that is a joy to behold AND the range of sounds available once you figure out the mid sweep control[ I think], is superior to anything I've heard period, and would expect this bass to cope with any and every genre - very useful for me... Even the passive sound is excellent...Could I afford to do so, I would be putting in my order to Vigier for my Passion 5 custom..MAGNIFICO....p.s. how do I remove the control knobs?................................Cheers

Hi mate, glad you like it. Interesting you mention the top horn, a year later the design was changed and the horns brought 'in' a bit more. I have had a few Passions now and I have to say I MUCH prefer the Schaller bridge to the newer Kahler units. I suppose the chrome looks a little out of place, a black one would fit better visually, with black hardware...

I will PM you a spec sheet/manual that explains the circuit in the bass. Very quirky but lots of unique sounds in it. You can remove the control knobs by popping off the 'lid' on each knob IIRC... My bass is a bit different, and Vigier changed things about a lot in the early days.

Post some clips of you playing if you can, and I hpe you give it a good and permanent home!

Cheers
ped

P.s found this pic recently, looks like your bass! (actually it's a series 3 but a similar colour!)

[quote name='ped' post='381645' date='Jan 15 2009, 07:33 PM']Hi mate, glad you like it. Interesting you mention the top horn, a year later the design was changed and the horns brought 'in' a bit more. I have had a few Passions now and I have to say I MUCH prefer the Schaller bridge to the newer Kahler units. I suppose the chrome looks a little out of place, a black one would fit better visually, with black hardware...

I will PM you a spec sheet/manual that explains the circuit in the bass. Very quirky but lots of unique sounds in it. You can remove the control knobs by popping off the 'lid' on each knob IIRC... My bass is a bit different, and Vigier changed things about a lot in the early days.

Post some clips of you playing if you can, and I hpe you give it a good and permanent home!

Cheers
ped

P.s found this pic recently, looks like your bass! (actually it's a series 3 but a similar colour!)

[/quote]
Looks like my girl friend too!!! Thanks for the info..'scuse my faux pas, meant to say MAGNIFIQUE