Left leaderboard
bigjimmyc

Ashdown VS-212 cab 300W 8 ohm NOW £95
£150
Winchester

Hi. Surplus to requirements, gotta go. This is the 300w version. A little tatty but solid and sounds great. It is very compact (72cm tall x 49cm wide x 34cm deep, including feet). 

Perfect for your LB or CTM-100!

2E82C63F-CA24-4686-BBA7-96945AD18F3F.jpeg

A9DD7D9A-AA21-4FC9-A20A-98B48F0E0469.jpeg

F991C096-CD38-44A6-B3FD-B44B78EEB5C6.jpeg

Edited by bigjimmyc
Price drop
  • Like 1

I had one of these for a while and it was a pretty nice sounding cab.. Not too heavy either and quite portable too.. 

GLWTS 

• Like 1

Thanks @silverfoxnik and @Merton  

It’s a great cab. I bought it specifically for the dimensions which fit in a car I no longer own. Anyone who has a small car or small stage would get a real kick out of this. 

Btw, tatty isn’t fair. I should have said scruffy. 

Best piece of Ashdown kit I’ve owned (so far). 

I just picked up one of these up over the weekend, sounds great with my Ashdown head.

Can I convince the wife I need two???

Of course you can!  I notice yours is immaculate. Perhaps this one would be best for rougher venues, keep the other unspoiled?

Anyway, a 4x12 rig is a thing of legend....

How light is it? I assume being a 2x12 not very? Would just be embarrassing if I ended up buying another cab off you 😂

• Like 1

On 29/10/2019 at 12:08, ZenX said:

How light is it? I assume being a 2x12 not very? Would just be embarrassing if I ended up buying another cab off you 😂

Not as light as my barefaced four10! But not too bad for a 212. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 08/09/2019 at 13:28, bigjimmyc said:

Offers considered, delivery possible. 

To Manchester?

PM’d

Edited by AndyTravis

Nahh... this will be the left-handed version.. No good for me then.

🙃😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grangur said:

🙃😜

Just use it upside down @Grangur

• Thanks 1

On 13/01/2020 at 09:11, Grangur said:

🙃😜

Get a mirror??

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jimmy23cricket
      Decided to part with this lovely little valve head. I'm a bit sad, but I always said 3 amps are too many and I need to fund a five string.
      Fantastic heads. Great valve tone that breaks up nicely to a lovely valve grit when cranked without disemboweling you. This is in almost new condition. Has the tiniest scuff which I have pictured, but otherwise like new. Also has a snazzy matching Roqsolid cover.
      Really would like pick up. Could drop off if within reasonable distance. Really don't want to post just in case it gets ruined.
      Trade wise, I'm after an active five and maybe some cash your way if its what I need.
      Cheers!

• By Byo
      Hi there,
      I have an Ashdown Little Bastard 30w valve head that I am trying to pair with an Aguilar DB112 for home studio work and was wondering about what other LB users settings are.

The EQ is still a mystery to me as I my main amp for years has been a Markbass Little Rocker 500 and that thing is really easy to dial in when compared to the LB.

I have had a look over here and on Talkbass for the "flat" settings but there does not seem to be a general rule of thumb.
      For reference I use a variety of passive P and J basses with and without effects and I tend to look for a tone that has a hint of growl if you dig in with a pick but is stil fat and punchy when playing finger-style.
      All suggestions are welcome!

Cheers!
    • By Petey
      I bought this amp some years ago as a back-up to my main amp. Although I gigged it a few times,  whilst my main amp was in for a service, it has only seen a maximum of 4 gigs. It then became amp 3,4,5 and so on. In the meantime I spent some money on it purchasing (well over £100.00 and your gain as the amp has hardly been used since) - all direct from Ashdown
      8 new feet (4 for the side and 4 for the bottom)
      a new leather handle
      padded cover 
      x2 pedals  - change between the various options A - EQ on/off, pre set signature Ashdown sound & B Valve Drive and Sub Octave
      The amp has lots of features and packs a punch - at the time it was Ashdown's flagship amp. Whoever gets this amp will get a well cared for and up-together amp. If you're not used to this amount of power and quality of tone, this amp will elevate your sound within the band and give your tone authority. This is the twin amp (2x 575w) model - I always admired  these amps and identified it as the 4 fan version (if you look at the others in that range they have 1 or 2 fans and NOT 4 as the more powerful amp has).
      Please note current PAT test sticker ( I have ALL my gigging equipment PAT tested yearly as I play so many venues that first ask for Public Liability Insurance and PAT test docs). If you require tech specs then there are lots on line, or more detailed photos, please PM me and I'll ping them over. I put reflective stickers on the two foot pedals so I knew what was what  on stage - they can easily be removed - but this highlights the availability of choice of the  EQ section, the Ashdown Pre-set tone option, Valve Drive and Sub Octave to you mid performance.
      Located just east of Portsmouth on the South Coast (West Sussex) . A cash deal would be my preference but I could be up for trades, depends on what you have to offer - collection only.

• By javi_bassist
      Hi guys,
      I have been playing ampless for the last two years. However, I have an Ashdown Spyder 330 and I wanted to experiment today with it. I plugged my bass to the amp and the send of the amp to my computer. The thing is, I thought the Gain should have affected the output, but it didn't. Actually, none of the controls seemed to affect the signal. It kinda sucks because I wanted to use that cool preamp with the power section of my RM500 (in the weird cases that the 330 wouldn't be enough). However, it doesn't seem it won't work.
      I think I read somewhere that the effects send and return of the Spyder came before the preamp. Is that right?