Why become a member? ×

SOLD Overwater Perception Pro Deluxe Custom 5 String
£1050
Cardiff

BenTunnicliffe

FINAL UPDATE: Bass has sold to a faithful BC'er in London. Thanks everyone for the interest.

UPDATE: I'm now willing to send to mainland UK if fully insured and if you would allow me time to find a box big enough to house the bass & its hardcase. Some people already kindly asked in PMs if this was a possibility so I'll be giving those people first refusal out of courtesy.

ALSO UPDATE: I plugged the bass in a day or two ago and the jack output is a tiny bit loose but makes a fantastic, full output connection 99% of the time. I'll have a look at it and see what the deal is.

------

Hi everyone, selling my Overwater Perception Pro Deluxe Custom 5 String with its Overwater/Hiscox Case.

• Manufactured 2007
  • Purchased by me in December 2010
  • 5 String
  • 24 Frets
  • 35" Scale
  • 9V Active
  • 4.6kg (bass on its own)
  • Volume, Pickup Pan, Bass, Mid, Treble, Push/Pull High End Boost
  • Bolt-On Neck
  • Upgraded Overwater PreAmp (Fit By Overwater)
  • Overwater/Hiscox Hardcase
  • Selling Due To No Longer Playing
  • Collection-Only, Cardiff, UK
  • Strung Bb - Gb
  • String spacing between B-E string 14mm, spacing D-G strings is 16mm (measured at the bridge by myself with a ruler and no idea what I'm doing!)

As far as I can remember, the ‘custom’ in its name denotes it having a non-standard bridge to what was offered at the time of manufacture. In October 2015 I safely sent the bass to Chris May at Overwater for some love & attention and it was at that point in its life that its active preamp was upgraded to the newest model available at the time and a ramp between the pickups was also fit with the most matching wood Overwater were capable of providing. The bass also had a full service while it was with them.
I do not have Facebook myself but if you were to head to overwater’s FB page you will see an image they uploaded while it was with them in the shop that verifies the date these upgrades were made by them.

I have no altered the bass in any way myself and it is in remarkable condition. That said, it has been used to me in hundreds of professional environments therefore has the faintest of hairlines present on some of the body/neck but nothing that affects playability. I have always been careful to not let the bass come in contact with belt buckles/belt sanders and if it wasn’t in a hardcase it was always propped up safely on a stand. The gold hardware has began to reflect a slightly more silver/chrome finish due to my hands running over it so regularly.

I have professionally used the bass with much love and care since I bought it and am only parting with it as I no longer have any yearning to be involved in the business. It seems an absolute crime to have this stunning instrument sat in its case doing absolutely nothing.

The bass is for sale for £1050 including the case and I will have to insist on it being pick-up only from Cardiff. The only thing I can imagine being sadder than parting with the bass is for it to be damaged in transit. 

I would also really like for someone to come and have a play of the bass rather than trying to pay me from overseas and have me deal with a third party here acting as a courier. This is only because it would allow too much room for miscommunication and I am not confident in my ability to safely package something so delicate for international shipping.

Thanks for reading and I will do my best to reply to any queries asap!

Overwater Perception Bass For Sale1.jpg

Overwater Perception Bass For Sale2.jpg

Overwater Perception Bass For Sale3.jpg

Overwater Perception Bass For Sale4.jpg

Overwater Perception Bass For Sale5.jpg

Overwater Perception Bass For Sale6.jpg

Overwater Perception Bass For Sale7.jpg

Overwater Perception Bass For Sale8.jpg

IMG_8334.jpg

IMG_8335.jpg

IMG_8336.jpg

IMG_8337.jpg

IMG_8338.jpg

Edited by BenTunnicliffe
Added images of dinks
  • Like 6

Juat for reference, when I say it is lovely, I actually know this particular instrument and it is lovely to both look at and play. 

Edited by owen
because he cannot spell

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Seeing as there doesn't seem to be any Cardiff names looking to come and try out this bass I am now willing to send the bass to UK mainland provided it is fully insured at the buyers expense and I can have a bit of time to just find a box big enough to post it securely!

Cheers for all the interest!

A helpful hint of I may... Get yourself to Halfords and ask for a bike box from their rubbish. Preferably one that hasn't been broken down. A Stanley knife and a roll of packing tape, Bob is you mother's brother. Takes a bit of fettling to make it fit but I always find the cardboard is tough and makes a nice strong and well protected box.

From a fellow overwater fan. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 08/12/2019 at 15:26, carlsim said:

A helpful hint of I may... Get yourself to Halfords and ask for a bike box from their rubbish. Preferably one that hasn't been broken down. A Stanley knife and a roll of packing tape, Bob is you mother's brother. Takes a bit of fettling to make it fit but I always find the cardboard is tough and makes a nice strong and well protected box.

From a fellow overwater fan. 

Ah, that’s why it’s still here. I did wonder. 

• MB1 locked this topic