Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Logo?

thebigyin

What year did Yamaha change there logo I have 2 Yamaha instruments one is a vintage Nokon Gakki Red label FG-180 Acoustic dated between Nov 70 and April 71 and a Yamaha Bass both with the older Tuning/Pitch Fork Logo just wondering when they changed the logo as I don't know how old the Bass is I have had it a good few years bought second hand and not sure of the make but it's a nice Bass cheers.

yamaha-current-logo.jpgI've got no idea, the logo I'd have thought (unless from the old pianos or orchestral) would have remained the same 3 tuning forks or Yamaha font, from instruments since the 60's to now

Here's a little page I found on the guitars anyway 

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250863

Edited by bigsmokebass
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, bigsmokebass said:

I've got no idea, the logo I'd have thought (unless from the old pianos or orchestral) would have remained the same 3 pitchforks or Yamaha font, from instruments since the 60's to now

Here's a little page I found on the guitars anyway https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250863

Thanks

Thanks for the info folks was just curious I know the FG-180 Acoustic is quite sort after or so I have been told I looked online about a year or so ago they were fetching upto a grand so been the Red label 'Nickon Gakki' probably worth a bit...as for the Bass I have had it 6 to 7 years and it was bought second hand but not a problem I will maybe look the serial no' up and get a rough idea of it's age I didn't realise the logo had changed back to the original logo, so thanks for the information.