Why become a member? ×

there are bassists and then there are bassists, which are you in your band?

I’m at the back with the drummer doing my thing (band thing) but secretly I would like to move forward a couple of steps and perhaps do some shouty backing vocals!

Ths week at practice we tried my debut song that I wrote and it sounded ok - this might give me a little more confidence to at least move nearer a mic and take half a step forward 😜

• Like 1

On 22/03/2019 at 17:03, Leonard Smalls said:

I'm usually pretty near the front... And in the current band I write about 80% of the music which means I can get away with playing far too many notes.

weeds.jpg

Not often you see a Wal completely overshadowed in a gig situation , but here it is sooo not the centre of attention.. 

Brilliant! 😃

• Like 1

Historically i've been accused of being the John Entwhistle of my bands. Play well but don't move about a lot. With my current band being a 70's Glam Rock covers band i'm finding i move about a lot more. Maybe its the outfits and platform boots that just give me a new personality :laugh1:

Or maybe i'm just enjoying it more.Still need to work on the moves tho so i'm watching all the old Sweet vids .....again.

Dave

On 23/03/2019 at 01:50, paddy109 said:

I’m at the back with the drummer doing my thing (band thing) but secretly I would like to move forward a couple of steps and perhaps do some shouty backing vocals!

Ths week at practice we tried my debut song that I wrote and it sounded ok - this might give me a little more confidence to at least move nearer a mic and take half a step forward 😜

Well done for writing and go for it on stepping forward!  

• Thanks 1

We have a young lad singing, and he's still fairly static (have to keep kicking the ground around him to stop the roots taking hold), so it's up to me and the guitarist to move around, gurn/point at folk, and generally grab their attention by getting up front pulling shapes and nonsense like that. :)

• Like 1