Left leaderboard
OutSpoon

Musicman Stingray 2eq Teal 94 SOLD
£1000

With regret (no doubt) - I (thinking) about selling my 1994 Musicman Stingray 4. I've had this since new, and bought it from the Bass Centre in London on my 21st birthday. It's an amazing bass - and pretty much 90% of my bass playing life has been spent with it. It's been well cared for, and only has a few battle scars - plays like a dream, sounds like a beast. Neck is unfinished and amazing. I've got a hard-case (not EB) that I will include for postage. Happy to send both UK and further - at the buyer's expense. 

I'm based on the Hampshire / Berkshire border if you would like to come and try it out..  

Foam mutes still working - and it's generally in great condition for a 24 year old bass.. 

Pics.. 

IMG_4557.thumb.JPG.967e2851e9616085806f30253646d7b7.JPGIMG_1825.thumb.JPG.873b8568a62650c77cc9fd492eabbc7c.JPGIMG_0282.thumb.JPG.b86fdf40f0af3fcd0b7275a13a186947.JPGIMG_5670.thumb.JPG.8af60c2fcf9e860ee5e3d91bca1ca47a.JPGIMG_0944.thumb.JPG.273517ab500310f20e0ce4bccd7bf6ec.JPGIMG_6463.thumb.JPG.a1a7f5f5d4adce342d8dd1cb5f73e95c.JPGIMG_3684.thumb.JPG.bcf090eedfaaccb651eb75ef31d4af66.JPGIMG_6816.thumb.JPG.a66ffac22e98c9b1f214c0d5ec254190.JPGIMG_6313.thumb.JPG.2c5217be3316733bba90d396c0dadbd0.JPGIMG_4528.thumb.JPG.962e7f38f0c1cf2b787930fa6d9e52b3.JPG

IMG_3466.jpg

Edited by OutSpoon
Sold
  • Like 4

I think you had too much Port and too many mince pies this Xmas... you’re selling it? 😮

It’s a stunning colour, from a great year, with a killer neck and, you’ve had it all this time from new. 

Me - I sold my 94 Stingray (that I got used in 96 aged 18) 10 years ago after playing it for ages through some golden years, but then getting more into 60’s P Basses. It took a few years to see the mistake, and then I tried hard to get it back but the owner wasn’t up for selling it. Ideally, I’d love to have kept it. 

Good luck either way. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I had one of these (cost me £500 in 2003) and it was amazing. The maple neck was just incredible, and this looks the same. Good luck with the sale...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chiliwailer said:

I think you had too much Port and too many mince pies this Xmas... you’re selling it? 😮

It’s a stunning colour, from a great year, with a killer neck and, you’ve had it all this time from new. 

Me - I sold my 94 Stingray (that I got used in 96 aged 18) 10 years ago after playing it for ages through some golden years, but then getting more into 60’s P Basses. It took a few years to see the mistake, and then I tried hard to get it back but the owner wasn’t up for selling it. Ideally, I’d love to have kept it. 

Good luck either way. 

Thanks man. It’s an amazing bass - but it’s just not getting played. I’ve got a couple of other basses that get way more attention and it seems a waste for it to live in a case. 

• Like 1

I've got my 1994 2 EQ in cherry red that I bought from new from a music shop in Kingston for £890.  It rarely gets played since purchasing a Modulus FU4, and I too have toyed with the idea of selling it.  I have now decided that it would be a huge regret to sell it and it will never be for sale.  Think carefully because only the lucky few are able to buy their once prized possessions back...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gt4ever said:

I've got my 1994 2 EQ in cherry red that I bought from new from a music shop in Kingston for £890.  It rarely gets played since purchasing a Modulus FU4, and I too have toyed with the idea of selling it.  I have now decided that it would be a huge regret to sell it and it will never be for sale.  Think carefully because only the lucky few are able to buy their once prized possessions back...

Yeah man, I hear you. Might just buy a nice EB case and store it... 

That's what I did, and now I think I'm gonna use it for the New Years gig over my FU4, why the heck not!

• Like 2

As one who has sold some lovely basses in the past, don't sell unless you need the money. I suspect the majority of us on here have at least one bass they would dearly love to own still.

• Like 3

My first “real” bass! Same colour, same 2 eq setup, bought new in ‘93..... still gutted I ever sold it..... beautiful bass! GLWTS. 

Edited by HazBeen

2 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

As one who has sold some lovely basses in the past, don't sell unless you need the money. I suspect the majority of us on here have at least one bass they would dearly love to own still.

Totally understand.... I don't need the money - but I also don't need the bass. 🙂 Since I bought a Fodera Monarch - it's just not getting played and I would rather it was getting used rather than sitting in a case in my music room...  I've got a P-bass and a 5-string J-bass.. I might sell them instead to make some headspace. 

59 minutes ago, Aaronse1999 said:

Would you trade for a usa jazz bass

I’ve got plenty of basses right now - interested in a sale mostly. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ted Theodore Logan, III
      Ok!  So I've had to edit my Stingray advert as the moderators have sent me a private message to tell me it's just too darn silly and makes no sense!!
      I'm just kidding...
      The moderators are far too accepting of weirdos and the mentally deranged to ask of such a thing... 

So basically, it has become apparent that people DO want my awesome Bass gear and that they have just been waiting for Santa to line their pockets with filthy Capitalistic paper notes before making any further enquiries into obtaining said gear... 
      With that being the case, I can now “officially" offer my beautiful Stingray for sale for £950.
      I'm no longer accepting trades for tins of baby sweetcorn as I have recently traded an Ian Hill Custom Spector Bass Guitar for several thousand tins of the stuff and I won't need any more tins of baby sweetcorn until at least Easter...

So, that's the edit... Well worth a read, right?!... 

(I've also added a picture of the hard shell case).

Now back to the original guff below;

(If you haven't read it already I implore you, please don't read it!  It's just the nonsensical ramblings of a deranged madman.  I'll save you the hassle and just let you know that I have a Music Man Stingray for sale priced at £950)

Original guff;
      I'm assuming that y'all beautiful BC'ers are clued up on what a Stingray is but just in case you are not I shall inform you that it's a species of fish belonging to the “sea ray" group and from what I hear, they are highly respected by the Alligator and Crocodile communities... For what reason I'm sure I do not know... 
      I'm just messing with you... It's actually a 1964 science fiction television series created with the use of marionette puppetry and, at the time, was rather popular with the youth and adults alike... 
      In fact, I believe children nowadays are still rather fond of the big budget, special effect laden animated TV series. I know that I'm always hearing those kids singing the “Stingray" theme song as they trot home from school with their Beano comics and ¼ pound bag of boiled sweets.... 
      “STINGRAY... STINGRAY!!.. da, da, da, na-na, na-na.."
      “STINGRAY... STINGRAY!!.. da, da, na-na.."
      Ha, ha, ha!!! Those little whipper snappers, I remember the... 
      “Hey!... HEY!!! GET THE F*CK OFF MY GARDEN!!!"
      “DON'T YOU BRUSH BY MY CAR!!!"
      “GO PLAY OUTSIDE YOUR MUM'S HOUSE!!!"
      “KEEP IT DOWN!!! I'M TRYING TO THE SLAP THE SH*T OUT'A THIS BASS AT AN OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD VOLUME AND YOUR INCESSANT WAILING AND HIGH PITCHED SCREAMS ARE DOING NOTHING FOR MY DOUBLE THUMB TECHNIQUE!!!"
      Ha, ha... Kids, aren't they great... 
      Anyway, where was I?... Oh yeah, Captain Scarlet...
      “Captain Scarlet, he's the one who knows the Mysteron game!!..."
      So yeah, my beautiful Captain Scarlet Music Man Stingray Thunderbirds* are go Bass is up for sale (or trade should you have the required number of tinned baby sweet corn to hand)†...
      * Disclaimer: this is NOT a Gibson Thunderbird Bass
      She's a mid 00's model USA Stingray with three band active eq and all the beautiful Music Man “Mother Bucking" tone you could want!!
      Previous owner had the factory nut replaced with a bronze nut and aside from that the rest of the instrument is all original and in “Top Cat" condition!!! (excellent condition)
      I wanna say the colour of the instrument is Scarlet as I don't know many other shades of red however I did type “scarlet red" in my web browser search engine whilst the safe search filter was off and “YEESH!!!", it's certainly not that colour... That was closer to a coral or salmon pink... 
      Fantastic colour though and with a beautiful matching headstock to boot!! Yes, the carpet does indeed match the drapes with this little fiery red head!.. “I'm talking about the Bass, you dirty-bird!.. not miss “Scarlet Red". 
      Dunno what else to say really... it's a Music Man Stingray... You've all seen one before and I'm hoping that you've all played one and if you haven't, I just might know where there's one for sale... 
      21 frets and a standard 34" scale length. This little Scarlet Pimpernel weighs in at around 4.6kg.
      Speaking of Scarlet Pimpernel, Ricky 4000 posted a link in another thread to a rather amusing little ditty that is featured in the Broadway musical “The Scarlet Pimpernel". The song has since chosen to reside in my head and has assured me that it won't be leaving anytime soon... I feel that the only way I might get it to leave me alone is by sharing the link and making others aware of it... Kinda like the plot of “The Ring" movies (SPOILER ALERT!!) Oh, wait... Should that have come first?... 
      Anyway, watch and listen, “If you'd be so kind..."

That's about it really... 
      Comes with the Music Man fitted hard shell case... Ooh! ...and I think the colour could be close to “Cardinal" red, if you're quite particular about your shades of red... 
      “Sigh" I remember simpler times when there were literally just six colours, four being varying shades of grey...
      I can post the Music Man, insured at buyers expense (or uninsured if you're a reckless cheapo!!). 
      Also happy to meet within reasonable distance should you provide the funds to feed my vehicle with the fuel it so regularly desires!! “Feed me, Seymour... FEED ME!!!" “Sorry, did you just say something?..
      Also visits are welcome, though hard-hats and goggles are required at all times and all visitors must remain at least six feet from the glass...

So without further ado, I present to you the gorgeous Stingray that could very well be yours... (Well, obviously it's not yours, it's mine but it could be yours for £950... or of course, the corn trade-off that I originally put forth)†...

†Corn trade-off no longer accepted.

“STINGRAY... STINGRAY!!.. da, da, da, na-na, na-na.."

Oops... Not that one...

Darn... My mistake!!..

There we go...

Hard Shell Case...

...and for those with no knowledge of what a ‘Stingray' in a ‘Shell' looks like...
    • By Fred Leicester
      I’ve had this bass for a couple of years, but it’s not getting a lot of use as I’m really not playing 5 stringers any more, so I’m looking to let it go...
      Just been professionally serviced and set up with new strings (Ernie Ball Slinky). 
      I’d be interested in trades for a MIJ/MIM jazz bass, I’m after a 60s/62 reissue ideally, also roadworns. Will add cash for the right bass/one of higher value than my Ray.
      Bass in located in Norwich (as am I 😆). I have a soft case for the bass, could courier as I have a guitar box to pack it in, or I’d consider delivering in East Anglia for the right trade/price etc! 😊
      Any questions, just ask...

• By sly83
      High-end bass by Philippe Deputte Luthier Artist.
      - Walnut table with inserts in black pear
      - Swamp Ash body 3 parts wavy maple neck
      - Graphite reinforcements and Truss Rod double actions.
      - Speckled maple fingerboard, abalone inlays. Scale 34 '
      - Walnut veneered head, Hipshot Tuners
      - Hipshot bridge 18mm
      - Bone nut.
      - Neck / body connection by step inserts mechanical, optimized vibrations.
      - Maple and ebony railing
      - Very dynamic and precise through B string.
      - BENEDETTI microphones exclusive MIC system (switchables pickups). Contact by copper plates. A Precision, a Jazz and a double Humbucker.
      - John East Uni pre 3 Electronic Preamp with Volume control / Balance stacked pots Parametric medium / boost medium stacked Bass / treble stacked - Switch 2 positions 1 active / passive - Switch for pickups 1 + 2 or 1 + 3
      - 3.45 kgs !! Perfectly balanced.
      Each point of this bass has been designed for optimal ergonomics. Whether the choice of the profile of the handle and its radius, as well as certain details that are important such as the jack plug in the back and the front strap attachment which allows to have a flat strap, which does not pull not on the shoulder.
      Fantastic playing sensations. Very low action. It falls perfectly on the shoulder, no tiredness of play even after a very long gig.
      Supplied with Hiscox case. 
      New strings set La Bella Super Steps 45-128.
      Very versatile modern and vintage sounds 
      Links and follow-up of its creation: https://onlybass.com/topic/87754-projet-duo-lutherie-l3m/
      Price include shipment from France 🇫🇷 to Europe with insurance. 

Quick samples :

• By MarshallBTB
      Selling this awesome bass, only because it's not getting used as I finally got the Stingray Classic I've been looking for!
      Price £1100.
      Been used a lot but in great condition.
      Has a few scuffs here and there, worst being marks around the jack socket, and a small chip in the front top contour.
      Had a couple of nuts break on me so ended up getting one cut(still compensated) Its solid and it's never broken since! Have photographed the worst bits. All cosmetic ofcourse, absolutely no issues with the performance of the bass at all. 
      It sounds awesome, can get a great range from the pickups/eq, always ended up being bass I used for any recording or studio work. Nice weight, with a decent strap its never been an issue, feels nice and solid.
      Have the Musicman hardcase for it too.
      Not prepared to post, at least for now. Welcome to come and give it a play. 
      Given it a nice clean up and a set up. Strung with month old Ernie Ball strings. 
      *Weighed on bathroom scales and its around 5kg. Probably just over, it's a bit of a beast! But it's worth it, and with a decent strap it's not a problem. 
      Any questions please ask!