Why become a member? Γ—

New Years resolution...NO MORE GAS (who am I kidding πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚)

Quilly

It's an illness, it sneaks up on you when you're not looking and causes you to make irrational decisions. It doesn't discriminate, it cares not of wealth, colour, sex, race or age. Be careful folks, it hides around every corner and pounces when your guard is down.Β 

I was totally happy with all my gear, even started working out what to sell in order to downsize to what I really need, and this time I really am going to sell stuff. Then in a 24 hour period I'd seen, pondered and spent the most I've ever spent on a bass, without even holding it.Β 

As I said be careful out there folks, beware of the classifieds, FB selling pages, instrument shops, even mates of mates who 'have this bass for sale', it's too late for me but if this cautionary tale helps just one person then it's been worth it.Β 

Stay wary! 😁 

Β 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Burns-bass said:

See how Brexit goes I reckon.

I’m over in Ireland so I can see things getting cheaper and cheaper from the UK everyday . I hope they can sort something whereby we can avoid import taxes etc. I buy and sell 90% of my stuff from Brits because it’s a huge market.

2 hours ago, Maude said:

It's an illness, it sneaks up on you when you're not looking and causes you to make irrational decisions. It doesn't discriminate, it cares not of wealth, colour, sex, race or age. Be careful folks, it hides around every corner and pounces when your guard is down.Β 

I was totally happy with all my gear, even started working out what to sell in order to downsize to what I really need, and this time I really am going to sell stuff. Then in a 24 hour period I'd seen, pondered and spent the most I've ever spent on a bass, without even holding it.Β 

As I said be careful out there folks, beware of the classifieds, FB selling pages, instrument shops, even mates of mates who 'have this bass for sale', it's too late for me but if this cautionary tale helps just one person then it's been worth it.Β 

Stay wary! 😁 

Β 

This site is the worst for triggering my gas! Ive a particularΒ weakness forΒ valve ampsΒ 

Edited by Quilly

37 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

We should all return here on the 1st of January 2020 and see who was talking garbage...

We probably will πŸ™‚Β 

My plan for 2019 isΒ strings and only strings. I've just re-strung my Jazz BEAD and it's almost as much fun as having a new bass. (Better in some ways, because I love it and it's now completely different to any of my others and so I'll play it more.) Next on the list is tape-wounds for the fretless acoustic, then move the flats it has now onto the fretted acoustic. That should be as much fun as having two more new basses, and should keep me happy for quite a while! (should...)Β 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...