Why become a member? ×

SX newsletter

paul h

One for the SX fans, from the newsletter.

[quote]There are some great deals on basses that will probably never be back again (the ones under $100). This is the last of the 2008 pricing. Also SX bass headstocks will be changing in 2009 so this is also the last chance to get this traditional style.[/quote]

They have the PJs in at $99.99 at the moment so it might be worthwhile taking advantage.

Not me...I would love a PJ but I am not quite ready to get divorced.

P.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='dangerboy' post='358976' date='Dec 19 2008, 05:13 PM']Excellent. I look forward to SX fans queuing up at my door in 2009 to buy the spare 'classic-style' jazz neck I have lying around. I might even add 'RARE!!!!!' to the description after next summer.[/quote]

+1 :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='359170' date='Dec 19 2008, 09:10 PM']cos otherwise there is nothing to hold the strings in place[/quote]
:) Nearly woke the baby laughing

[quote name='dangerboy' post='358976' date='Dec 19 2008, 05:13 PM']Excellent. I look forward to SX fans queuing up at my door in 2009 to buy the spare 'classic-style' jazz neck I have lying around. I might even add 'RARE!!!!!' to the description after next summer.[/quote]
L@@K RARE VINTAGE FEELER please

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='359169' date='Dec 19 2008, 09:08 PM']I've never understood why people consider headstocks to be so important.[/quote]
It's to do with aesthetic integrity. I have no idea what that horrid stumpy pointy thing the SX head's been "redesigned" into would look right with - but it's not a traditional P or J shape.

Although on reflection we accept the Fender shape because we're familiar with it - it's neither particularly attractive or well-matched to Fender body shapes when taken in isolation. And it's not particularly original either - go & Google "Bigsby Merle Travis" if you don't already know what Uncle Leo thieved it from.

J.

Edited by Bassassin

[quote name='beerdragon' post='359209' date='Dec 19 2008, 09:53 PM']I think the headstock shape is very important. ie: Fender P and J bass. perfect. Ric. the same. Gibson Les Paul guitars and basses ditto. [b][color="#000000"]everything else, big debate[/color][/b]. IMO :)[/quote]

what about these?

[url="http://imageshack.us"][/url]

:huh:

As my friend's tutor once said: there are people (kind of, errr, musicians???), who concentrate on just about everything like physics (related to music), aesthetics or any other kinda sh1t, but, NOT only on music in the 1st place.. If it's any good, it's for you to judge..

:) and headstock... Don't be ridiculous.

Errr, was it just me?

[Coat > running > Locked door...]