Why become a member? ×

Hi from the land of tulips and mills

SurroundedByManatees

Hi There

I'm Patrick from the Netherlands. I live in the area of the west coast, where many tourist come by (during spring and summer) to watch the colorfull flowerfields and enjoy the beaches. I can see a mill from my living room, which gives a cliché touch to my dutch-being I guess:).

I'm in a band called the Manatees. Were making our own songs, which we enjoy. We use 2 guitars, bass, drums, vocals and keys. Our songs display various styles, but when people ask me about it I usually answer that we play a litte alternative pop/rock music. Could be anything right ;).

Many basses have passed during the years as I bought/sold/traded basses to try much I gassed on. I really enjoyed this experience and helped me to learn about basses and their qualities a lot. 

The bass I play the most is a 82 fender precision special which I purchased about half a year ago. Since I had the frets levelled, its an awesome playing bass unless its wide neck. It weighs about 5kg, but I like the balanced sound a lot. A mono betty strap keeps it comfortable to play. I use it mainly passive though. 

My other basses are a Musicman sabre, lakland skyline decade (sounds awesome with fender flats), sandberg california TT4 and a vintage Yamaha Super Bass 500. The last 2 will be sold though, to provide money for my gassing on other basses (mustang bass or single coil tele bass). 

My amp is an EBS fafner with an eden 210xlt 4ohm cab. At home I use an old Rickenbacker TR120B combo or a markbass f series head with fender rumble 210.

I log in to basschat quite often to check out reviews, new topics etc. I like to read users experiences about new stuff etc. Also I found basschat market interesting to take a look at or to sell something myself.

Cheers

Patrick

Thanks guys.:drinks:

There was a nice walnut sabre on ebay uk a while ago which looked great. Just wait till the right one pops up with nice matching body pieces:). Ive seen many pre eb sabres with ugly (dark-light) matched pieces of wood. Especially on a sunburst it looks just off imo. Mine is a nice natural one from '79. Sounds really awesome and has the flamboyant stingray type sound if needed.