Why become a member? ×

1st. Bass Pedal from Way Huge! Pork & Pickle OD/Fuzz

dishwallascot

Greetings from California! My first time around here. So I'm new to doing the demo thing, but Dunlop/MXR came to me (to do a demo) with a new product (they own Way Huge now) the Pork & Pickle. They were going to release this thing at the NAMM show in Los Angeles but it was leaked prematurely and now it's shipping from most online sources. 

Check it out if you have a minute. Great pedal for nice overdrive or classic muff/fuzz tones, but optimized for bass with that clean-blend control. 

Best to you guys! -scot

• Thanks 1

Really good review - thanks for sharing.

Also looking forward to the 'ultra' version with a mid-switch setting which engages both halves of the pedal but perhaps with no battery compartment to keep things compact or even more so! :)

• Like 1

I thought it was only DG who re-released 'Ultra' versions of their stuff ;)

I'm not sure that they'll do that as I don't think the two tones would make great bedfellows. If the public kick up a stink about added features they might though?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, krispn said:

I thought it was only DG who re-released 'Ultra' versions of their stuff ;)

I'm not sure that they'll do that as I don't think the two tones would make great bedfellows. If the public kick up a stink about added features they might though?

I think the public have already kicked up a fuss about this (I'm guilty of jumping on the bandwagon!) You're not alone in thinking that they may not be great bed-fellows; but if instead of a switch with 50:50, if it was a blend then that could maybe work by allowing folk to add in a touch of fuzz to the drive or vice versa; and enabling a really full spectrum of dirt sounds? It seems churlish to deny folk the choice, even if they choose not to go for it, when you have the two pedals in the same box?

• Like 1

It's a lot of the same comment on the US "talkbass" forum. I think that this company is pretty responsive, so you never know.

One thought I saw someone have would be to lay the pedal out horizontally like the Camel Toe and have separate buttons for the sections. THAT would be useable to me. After tinkering with the pedal, for me personally there's zero reason I would ever run both simultaneously. It would be a wall of mush. The pedal is not subtle.lol

WHE209-large.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...