Why become a member? ×

badass on the way from bass parts resource

ahpook

• 2 weeks later...

well, it's here...

and it sounds great - i've not restrung it with new strings yet, as i've got some CTS pots coming to give the 'lectrics an overhaul as well. i want to save the sonic revelations for one big moment :)

having put it on and roughly adjusted the intonation and action i'm amazed that the strings stay put...i wonder if i'll need to cut grooves after all

edit: and here's a pic of the wilkinson bridge that i'm replacing, side by side with the badass.

Edited by ahpook

Firstly well done on the badass, i dont think a fender is right without one.

Secondly what were bass parts like to deal with? I fancy some parts for a possible upcoming project and was wondering if its worth dealing with them. Is the shipping much and does it take long?

many thanks,

Nathan

[quote name='NJE' post='328183' date='Nov 13 2008, 10:11 AM']Firstly well done on the badass, i dont think a fender is right without one.

Secondly what were bass parts like to deal with? I fancy some parts for a possible upcoming project and was wondering if its worth dealing with them. Is the shipping much and does it take long?

many thanks,

Nathan[/quote]

BPR are cool, they ship pretty quick, never had a problem with them. Trouble is that it isn't so cost effective to get stuff over compared to the start of the year with the whole two dollars to the pound thing.

[quote name='rasher80' post='328270' date='Nov 13 2008, 11:58 AM']Where can you get pre-grooved ones from?[/quote]

Same place:

[url="http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/bridge_leoquanbadass2.htm"]http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/bridge_leoquanbadass2.htm[/url]

Pre-grooved is fine just as long as the grooves are where you want them, and you're happy with the preset string spacing and if you're replacing a Fender Bridge it was in the right place to start off with.

It was a less than 15 minute job to carefully file the grooves when I used one on a VMJ and I simply did them just deep enough to stop the string moving about on the saddle when I plucked as hard as I could. Also I was able to set the strings exactly in the right places with regard to the pickup pole pieces and the edge of the neck.

I bought another Badass II for a bass where the string spacing is going to be somewhere between 17 and 18 mm. Un grooved was the only way to go in this case.

[quote name='neepheid' post='328280' date='Nov 13 2008, 12:13 PM']BPR are cool, they ship pretty quick, never had a problem with them. Trouble is that it isn't so cost effective to get stuff over compared to the start of the year with the whole two dollars to the pound thing.[/quote]

plus the one.

in the end i doubt i saved lots of money, but they were fast and quick and it was exciting to watch the tracking !!

as for the grooves...i prolly will eventually...the new 'letrics have arrived, so i'll we fitting them next week.

• 2 weeks later...