Why become a member? ×

Mighty Mite Rock Bass II PJ Custom Bass Peter Cook Sold elsewhere
£250

ash

I bought this bass off Fleabay recently, it has been the subject of a discussion on here. It's a great bass made from quality US parts from the Mighty Mite USA factory and assembled in the UK by Peter Cook Guitars. It was made in the 80's and this example has been professionally refinished in a striking red!
The hardware is brass and gold with Schaller tuners. It's numbered 30 of a limited edition. It sounds great and the action is very low. It plays as well as my US Fenders and JVs. I'm selling as it's just a tad too heavy for me at 4.8kgs. Electrics have been cleaned and it's been strung with 40-100 Roto roundwounds. I'm looking for what I paid and I reckon it's a bargain for such a good pro quality instrument. No case. Sorry no trades. Pickup preferred but I will post at buyers cost, UK only.SOLD

Edited by ash

Most intriguing. Page about it here,which auto-translates surprisingly well from German. Has sound clips as well.

http://www.bassprofessor.info/index.php/all-about-bass/bass-museum/mighty-mite-rock-bass-ii-ltd

I'm not really interested in trades other than Markbass amp/cab gear I'm particularly looking for a Markbass 802 so I'd give cash plus this.
I'd also be interested in a straight swap for a Status Shark. Nothing else. This really is a high quality bass but not good for my low quality back!

That has to be a good buy!

Unfortunately, I've been spending a bit too much recently and really need to thin out my collection now, as I've overdone it.

OTOH, I've about to pull the trigger on selling a CMI Matsumoku Ric copy which is going to be a bit more than this one...