Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

5 hours ago, andy67 said:

That makes sense given the research available on google. They are nice but yeah with all that character, its probably too much at £875. Your abstinence is working well ;D 

He’s just offered it to me at £825 with the following taglines…

”order one from Japan at £1100 if you’d prefer”

and

”I’m in no rush to sell, try again if it’s still here next month…”

I won’t. To either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He already annoyed me by posting pictures showing a shiteload of chips around the lower bout and bucklerash on the belly cut, and then using 'immaculate' as the first word in his description, without it being follow by 'it is not'. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Maude said:

He already annoyed me by posting pictures showing a shiteload of chips around the lower bout and bucklerash on the belly cut, and then using 'immaculate' as the first word in his description, without it being follow by 'it is not'. 

If it was under £500, I’d invest in a nice translucent refinish of some format…

But…at £825, he can whistle.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Well, I think that’s the one Al Krow ended up with - it was on commission sale for ages.

3 hours ago, Machines said:

Found the pics - it does look like the same one.

Well you gents have certainly piqued my interest. Which BB2005 you referring to? This is mine - totally blown away by it!

Yamaha BB 2005 II.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Machines said:

I might buy it, then @Al Krow will have to send it to me.

I didn't hang around at all when it came up for sale on here! And if another came up in a different finish I'd be very tempted to snap that one up too! I've not come across another bass that balances and 'sits' so well. Literally zero neck dive. I may well get around to upgrading the electronics to a 3 band EQ with an active / passive switch at some point soon, as the Nathan East mid-scoop is just not something I'm making use of. I'm not entirely sure why, but I'm actually more smitten with this BB 2005 than I was ever was with my NE2.

If I was still playing 4 strings, I absolutely would try to get hold of a BB 2004. That reverse PJ config on that body is just the ticket! 

2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Well balls…the only other BB414 I want has come up for sale in…LONDON.

Meh. No point in crying.

64583899-3C85-48F6-902B-02CB241E3D44.png

3B1B8BB7-CD8C-4361-9831-9812FBFA868F.png

No point in crying, but there’s some value in driving. Make a day of it, visit some shops and really blow the abstinence out of the water ;) 

1 minute ago, ezbass said:

No point in crying, but there’s some value in driving. Make a day of it, visit some shops and really blow the abstinence out of the water ;) 

From Manchester? With Covid and 4 kids in the car?

I’d rather stove my own head in with one of my existing BB’s 😂

• Haha 3

Just now, AndyTravis said:

From Manchester? With Covid and 4 kids in the car?

I’d rather stove my own head in with one of my existing BB’s 😂

Ah, if you’re going to have the offspring with you, then no. I used to drive up to Altrincham from South London and back a fair bit when I lived there, not a bad drive when the various motorways played, but a right pain in the proverbial when they conspired to be shuffling car parks. 

Just now, ezbass said:

Ah, if you’re going to have the offspring with you, then no. I used to drive up to Altrincham from South London and back a fair bit when I lived there, not a bad drive when the various motorways played, but a right pain in the proverbial when they conspired to be shuffling car parks. 

I did 2 lots of washing and made something in the slow cooker before…had to rest for an hour afterwards. 

Think a big long drive would see the car mashed into a barrier while I had a nap.

Currently.

it will go away.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1