Why become a member? ×

Taka Hirose bass.

beerdragon

Ever heard of google?

With Combat (the Tokyo guitar workshop) he also had them make several other basses of his own design. One he describes as "a Spector meets Prince's guitar", another a Rickenbacker meets Prince's guitar and the final, his signature, is a copied body from a Gretsch semi acoustic bass guitar coupled with a solid ash body which was then sprayed with sparkling gold paint.

In case you have not noticed - we seem to be having a private argument. Conclusion: nobody gives a f*** what Taka Hirose plays.

If you had googled what I did, found it was "With Combat (the Tokyo guitar workshop) he also had them make several other basses of his own design. One he describes as "a Spector meets Prince's guitar", another a Rickenbacker meets Prince's guitar...", you could have googled "combat tokyo guitar workshop" and maybe found out more about the bass.

Then you could have posted something like: I saw Taka Hirose play this really cool Combat (tokyo guitar workshop) bass the other night. links...........Anyone know any more about these cool basses.

Just an idea.

[quote name='ped' post='312652' date='Oct 23 2008, 12:19 AM']Christ on a bike Ferret, what crawled up your arse and died this evening?[/quote]

Ped - if you'd bothered to use use Google you'd have seen it was a Japanese Fighting Fish :)

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='312659' date='Oct 23 2008, 12:32 AM']People that can't be arsed to have the tinyest little peep on google before posting their questions on here get up my arse. Always have done, always will do.[/quote]

Why don't you choose to ignore it then? You don't [i]have[/i] to answer.... :huh:

In response to the OP.... I'm interested in what Taka plays as his basses look very unique... :)

[quote name='cetera' post='312851' date='Oct 23 2008, 11:34 AM']Why don't you choose to ignore it then? You don't [i]have[/i] to answer.... :huh:

In response to the OP.... I'm interested in what Taka plays as his basses look very unique... :)[/quote]

Me too. I wonder what they are.......

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='312900' date='Oct 23 2008, 12:29 PM']There will come a day Ped when you will get fed up with wiping peoples arses for them. And talking of bassworld; I wonder if thats what happened to Gerard.[/quote]

Is there really any need to be so abrasive....? What are you hoping to achieve?

Quite apart from Mr Hirose's fabulous custom basses - [url="http://www.combat-guitars.com/guitarbass.htm"]Combat do some lovely looking stuff[/url]...

Has anyone here got a Combat bass? Or played one?

Edited by 99ster