Why become a member? ×

NBD! Yamaha content

fretmeister

I've been thinking about a 5 string Precision for a long time, but a Yamaha Attitude Standard 5 came up on ebay so I thought I'd have a punt

I got it during the week and although it needs a proper set up I used it at rehearsal this morning.

This is the bit that's annoying - it cost less than 10% of the bass I usually take with me (a Marleaux), and it sounded fantastic. It sat in the mix like only a P can do. I didn't even use the other pickup selections - just stuck with the P into my M900 with a little bit of grit for warmth. It's got a huge sound with a nice grindy quality to the mids (not surprising as it is from the Attitude line), and the low B is really strong.

It is now with my favourite local luthier for a full set up (might need a little neck shim), and I'm wondering if it might end up being my first choice.

It's a little heavier than I usually like, but it's well balanced.

Anyone else got one?

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1488647595' post='3250782']
I've been thinking about a 5 string Precision for a long time, but a Yamaha Attitude Standard 5 came up on ebay so I thought I'd have a punt

I got it during the week and although it needs a proper set up I used it at rehearsal this morning.

This is the bit that's annoying - it cost less than 10% of the bass I usually take with me (a Marleaux), and it sounded fantastic. It sat in the mix like only a P can do. I didn't even use the other pickup selections - just stuck with the P into my M900 with a little bit of grit for warmth. It's got a huge sound with a nice grindy quality to the mids (not surprising as it is from the Attitude line), and the low B is really strong.

It is now with my favourite local luthier for a full set up (might need a little neck shim), and I'm wondering if it might end up being my first choice.

It's a little heavier than I usually like, but it's well balanced.

Anyone else got one?
[/quote]

I've just ordered a multi pack of stewmac bass shims - shaped and unshaped - if you need one then you can have one.. they are .25, .5 and 1 degree each shaped and unshaped. I'm going to put the .5 shaped in the 64 P, but if you want one of the others then let me know...

Edited by Bridgehouse