Why become a member? ×

Crimson Guitars - New Build

elom

• 1 year later...

Hey, just found this thread again so I thought I'd add a few photo's of the finished beastie.. my favourite bass out of our catalogue! (but then I'm a sucker for the les paul shape and always thought the gibson les paul bass could be so much better!) I'm even seriously considering building a few of these as the first of a range of stock basses and extended range instruments!

[quote name='Crimson Guitars' post='1114801' date='Feb 4 2011, 01:02 AM']Hey, just found this thread again so I thought I'd add a few photo's of the finished beastie.. my favourite bass out of our catalogue! (but then I'm a sucker for the les paul shape and always thought the gibson les paul bass could be so much better!) I'm even seriously considering building a few of these as the first of a range of stock basses and extended range instruments![/quote]

These are beautiful, LP is the best looking shape, and that one is gorgeous!
Martin from Ace Acoustics in Carey recommended Crimson to me when I said I fancied a custom jobbie!
Gonna have to start selling some stuff....

• 5 months later...

I need to spend more time in this forum! .. we're running about a year behind ourselves right now but I've I've changed from building five or more at a time, dividing my attention and causing no end of confusion, to building just one custom instrument at a time.. it is so much better being able to think about just one project.. anyway.. prices were mentioned.. anything I say here will just get me in trouble in four or five years when prices go up again but we're talking under £2000.. I really love this bass and would jump at the chance to build more.. so anyone who mentions this post gets 10% off! :)

Something else I've just added to our terms and conditions (and this is starting to sound too-much like self-promotion).. when you order your custom bass we'll agree a completion date and if I don't meet that date there's a sliding scale of financial penalties for me.. ie you save a bunch of money! I'm concentrating as hard as possible on getting our backlog down to a point where from order to completion is under four months.. wish me luck!

[quote name='Crimson Guitars' post='1306365' date='Jul 17 2011, 01:47 AM']I need to spend more time in this forum! .. we're running about a year behind ourselves right now but I've I've changed from building five or more at a time, dividing my attention and causing no end of confusion, to building just one custom instrument at a time.. it is so much better being able to think about just one project.. anyway.. prices were mentioned.. anything I say here will just get me in trouble in four or five years when prices go up again but we're talking under £2000.. I really love this bass and would jump at the chance to build more.. so anyone who mentions this post gets 10% off! :)

Something else I've just added to our terms and conditions (and this is starting to sound too-much like self-promotion).. when you order your custom bass we'll agree a completion date and if I don't meet that date there's a sliding scale of financial penalties for me.. ie you save a bunch of money! I'm concentrating as hard as possible on getting our backlog down to a point where from order to completion is under four months.. wish me luck![/quote]

Gr8. If i win that £160 million then i'll be getting a 5 string version of that LP bass :)

Ok, it's official.. I spend way too much time thinking about guitars and basses.. you say 'semi' and I immediately start thinking you're talking about some semi-acoustic bass or something!

12 string? Bring it on!! The workshop gets so stale sometimes building variations on just one or two themes, I love a real challenge...