Why become a member? ×

Crimson Guitars - New Build

elom

[quote name='elom' post='404904' date='Feb 10 2009, 12:09 AM']I like this chunk of wood! Should see one or two developments slowly starting to happen now.

[/quote]

I'm getting wood just looking at your wood :) :rolleyes:

[quote name='steve-soar' post='473986' date='Apr 28 2009, 09:22 AM']Oh, oh, slight booboo, should have done the inlay before the frets went in, now a lot of careful scraping is required. :)[/quote]

The mistake was mine rather than Ben's so I'll hold my hands up. He's doing a grand job in spite of his customer! :rolleyes:
All of which reminds me that I should post the new pics.

[attachment=24901:eb060531.jpg]

The spalted beech...

[attachment=24902:eb0605.jpg]

And finally starting to look like a bass

[attachment=24903:eb06053.jpg]

[quote name='steve-soar' post='482337' date='May 7 2009, 07:28 PM']Just realised that you are having that amazing flame mahogany cap, I thought that equally amazing red spalted body was it then this, pow!!!
Those blue lams are great, this is going to be something else.[/quote]

It's actually pearwood rather than mahogany but totally agree with you that the spalted beech looks amazing and it's not even the front! I will reserve final judgement til I have played the beast but I'm very, very happy with how she's coming along. Plus credit to Ben, his communication has been excellent and he's been a great guy to deal with. Should be nearing completion in the next couple of weeks, picking it up early June and can't wait!

There are a load more pics on the current [url="http://www.crimsonguitars.com/diary.html"]diary page [/url]but I'll leave it with this one:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='cheddatom' post='499643' date='May 28 2009, 09:12 AM']I love the top, but the contouring on the back is just weird! I suppose it could just be the pictures giving me a strange perspective.[/quote]
I like it, looks kind of similar to the way a warwick thumb or something is contoured, but more comfortable looking

[quote name='Jarhead' post='502546' date='May 31 2009, 08:44 PM']Yeah, its all designed to fit the users body better, the luthier is very big on ergonomics in everything he builds, file handles, pretty much anything, its all designed to be comfortable to use and hold.

Zach[/quote]
Yes, one of the things we did in the initial design session was discuss where I normally wear the bass as obviously the ergonomics differ. From some of the photos the bass does look quite thick but I've spoken with Ben about this and it is only 5cm at the thickest point so I think it must be the camera angle.

Not much longer now...

• 3 weeks later...

Well this puts me in an awkward situation. I must now go home to the mrs and explain that unfortunately there's been a change in proceedings and I must now order a Les Paul bass as well, and ask her if she would prefer me to sleep in the spare room or the living room. :)

Been following this one on the Crimson diary page. Fantastic looking bass!!

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Sorry, I've been away for a while.

Will post properly about my bass in a few days but suffice to say that she is just superb. Sounds as good as she looks and she looks stunning!

More to follow,

elom