Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

TC Electronic Prices

Guest gazzatriumph

Guest gazzatriumph

I bought a RH750 and RS210 Combo just over a year ago and paid £1050, they are now selling at between £1500 and £1700 which seems a big price rise in a year. I also bought the RS112 from Thomann for £180 and Ive seen them selling between £360 and £500. I am very happy with my amp and cabs and it is plenty loud enough ( no false wattage stories plz ) just wondered why they cost so much more now.

I don't know about the amps, but I also got the 112s at Thoman in the £180 range, but that wasn't the normal price, that was some special at thomman. At the same time that thomman were selling them at £180, GAK and the others had them for about £339, which was below the RRP. Now they are £419 at GAK so it isn't as big a rise as all that

TC prices have always been all over the place. It wasn't that long ago that you could import RH450 and Staccato amps from the USA at dirt cheap prices and flog them in the U.K. for a really good profit.

The market was flooded with these for a while. I still see used ones for sale at more than the new prices a few years ago!

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1479508208' post='3177209']
I don't know about the amps, but I also got the 112s at Thoman in the £180 range, but that wasn't the normal price, that was some special at thomman. At the same time that thomman were selling them at £180, GAK and the others had them for about £339, which was below the RRP. Now they are £419 at GAK so it isn't as big a rise as all that
[/quote]

£80 is still a fair increase in a year, the Thomann price was a bargain wished I bought another

From what I've heard, TC have changed distributors recently, which has resulted in a re-evaluation of RRP and retailer margins. Looks like they are really not working in favour of the retailers and with music retail the way it is at the moment, I'd not be surprised if some places stop stocking them going forward and concentrate on more retailer-friendly products.

[quote name='gazzatriumph' timestamp='1479545901' post='3177320']
£80 is still a fair increase in a year, the Thomann price was a bargain wished I bought another
[/quote]

Hang on - on Thomann an RS112 is 325 GBP, which is a decrease on RRP. When I bought mine, Thomann had that one off £180 price, but all the UK retailers had them at £360 - so aprt from the one off deal I think prices have come down.

On the gear I've been looking at, prices have mostly been coming down or staying the same, despite the fall in the £. I think you have to compare the best price that's out there, not just look at a few UK stores who maybe only stock to order and therefore can't generate bulk savings.

Pretty sure their pedals have come down in price too - they seem keenly priced.

I have to say I have never followed their pricing , but a couple of years ago I bought a used TC rig , the RH 750 was retailing new at around £950 and seemed to plummet almost overnight to around £700 IIRC but now new at GAK is £837 , the prices do seem all over the place and did at the time I bought . Still I am quite happy with it and it has cured my amp/cab GAS :D

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1479548072' post='3177346']
I have to say I have never followed their pricing , but a couple of years ago I bought a used TC rig , the RH 750 was retailing new at around £950 and seemed to plummet almost overnight to around £700 IIRC but now new at GAK is £837 , the prices do seem all over the place and did at the time I bought . Still I am quite happy with it and it has cured my amp/cab GAS :D
[/quote]

You see that amp is 630 GBP on Thomann.

I remember the Thomann 112s. Surely they were selling at less than UK shops were buying?!

A quick look now shows Thomann is at least £200 cheaper on an RH750 than the UK shops.

Maybe they have tons of old stock and the UK shops are paying higher, current, prices.

[quote name='No. 8 Wire' timestamp='1479547372' post='3177341']

Hang on - on Thomann an RS112 is 325 GBP, which is a decrease on RRP. When I bought mine, Thomann had that one off £180 price, but all the UK retailers had them at £360 - so aprt from the one off deal I think prices have come down.

On the gear I've been looking at, prices have mostly been coming down or staying the same, despite the fall in the £. I think you have to compare the best price that's out there, not just look at a few UK stores who maybe only stock to order and therefore can't generate bulk savings.

Pretty sure their pedals have come down in price too - they seem keenly priced.
[/quote]

Yup. Prices are dropping and newer product lines coming out at more competitive prices which is squeezing the profits for retailers. I reckon they'll end up becoming a little more elusive in the stores but readily available online at a decent price!

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='No. 8 Wire' timestamp='1479547372' post='3177341']

[/quote]

I was responding to Woodinblacks comment, the RS112 had gone up £80 in a year at GAK, at PMT they are £500 :lol:

Edited by gazzatriumph

[quote name='gazzatriumph' timestamp='1479545901' post='3177320']
[/quote]

It was - I got two and that is my main gigging rig now, I love those speakers, such a big sound together and so easy to carry!

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1479574142' post='3177587']
It was - I got two and that is my main gigging rig now, I love those speakers, such a big sound together and so easy to carry!
[/quote]

I'd already got the RS210 otherwise I would have got two, TC are great cabs and amps and as you say easy to lug around

[quote name='gazzatriumph' timestamp='1479574429' post='3177590']

I'd already got the RS210 otherwise I would have got two, TC are great cabs and amps and as you say easy to lug around
[/quote]

Yep, two for me as well. I was looking to buy a single 112 but thanks to thomann I could suddenly afford two!

Now if they would just do a similar price on the RS210 I'd have my ultimate rig.

Anyone run an RH head with three cabs?

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1479546225' post='3177325']
From what I've heard, TC have changed distributors recently, which has resulted in a re-evaluation of RRP and retailer margins. Looks like they are really not working in favour of the retailers and with music retail the way it is at the moment, I'd not be surprised if some places stop stocking them going forward and concentrate on more retailer-friendly products.
[/quote]

Last time I looked , the UK trade price was pretty much the same as the street price in the rest of Europe .