Why become a member? ×

If Del Boy Trotter ran a guitar company...

TrevorR

Came across this absolutely 100% honest kosher guitar company from Korea while doing some random Googling and I'm completely blown away by what good value their absolutely and certainly genuine instruments are being sold for.

"The Top Guitars Custom Company"

http://thetopguitars.com/custom-modulus-quantum-5-quilt-5-string-bass.html

Why, they are offering Fordera (sic) 5-string basses for only $900. And if you'd like one of those Modulus basses featuring those wonderful wooden necks that Modulus were always so famed for then that will set you back less than $500. Bargain!

These guitars and basses are clearly completely genuine and certainly not knock off forgeries. Oh yes, absolutely. Who could think otherwise.

Well, now that I've stopped laughing I thought I'd post here for your enjoyment and delectation. I wonder how many people have ordered from here expecting I to get a genuine article? Surely not many? I wonder what they actually received and just how good a quality those specimens actually were? Dear oh dear oh dear!

Edited by TrevorR

Loving the customer testimonials.

[color=#666666]We finally received the guitar. It is beautiful. Thank you for helping with the search for it.[/color]

[color=#666666]I got the bass sometime over the weekend - which was odd because the tracking seemed to indicate it was still in China as of Thursday. [/color]

[color=#666666]I was just wondering if you have received my last email with the guitar art. [/color]

Chinese rather than Korean? If you click on the Rick 4003 copy in customer videos the guy who's bought it seems under no illusion as to what he's ordered anyway. John Hall probably turning a funny colour as we speak...

Edited by KevB

[quote name='stevie' timestamp='1478689312' post='3170903']
The guitarist in my last band had a knock-off RB 6-string. He changed the pickups and you couldn't tell the difference between that and the real thing. Why are the originals £1500? Because people don't know any better.
[/quote]

Also, probably the reason why companies like Limelight can put out a pukka looking and sounding vintage bass for a fraction of a genuine USA one.
It looks the part and sounds the part and every ones a winner!

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1478730994' post='3171331']
It's a vintage old aged relic ... give him a break!

LOL
[/quote]

Yeah, I know how he feels. Happens all the time. To me. You go upstairs and you've completely forgotten what instrument you're a virtuoso on.