Why become a member? ×

Washing a gig bag.?

bubinga5

[quote name='Bolo' timestamp='1475473607' post='3146097']
Took the gigbag that came with my SR5 to a drycleaner's. Very happy I did, cleared all olfactory memories right out. It wasn't expensive either.
[/quote]

Would have been my suggestion.....

Well for one thing I know the Mono bags are rresistant . Mono told me that the inside protection is not just foam, its a poly plastic foam with some sort of glue bonded with it that doesnt absorb water.?Me and the wife went out for dinner last night and I left it in the bath. This bag has been floating on the top for 17 hours. There is no wet inside the bag at all. I've been informed by the guys at Mono. From there advise i scrubbed it in the bath then put it in the shower to drain all the soap out of it. I think it's important to not use detergent. Just washing up liquid. The detergent will eat away at some fabrics. Drying it in a normal temp room. I don't know which fabrics are involved but best not take the risk with a £150 bag. If I turn up at my next live appointment with my bass in a bin liner, it didn't go well.

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1475788762' post='3148856']
That is a genius experiment! I'm surprised it actually floated that long - learn something new every day!
[/quote]nothing endorsed here but it shows how water resistant the Mono is. I put a lot of pressure to put it underwater. Has anyone tried to put a surfboard under water.? That's the pressure I had to put down on it. Obviously the zip makes the bag non water proof.But carrying this bag in light rain with my bass inside is cool with me.

Edited by bubinga5