Why become a member? ×

gig bag recommendations please.

bigd1

One thing I love about this forum and the people on it is, when someone asks for recommendations, the thread to begin with, is very informative, but after a while just overtakes what ever the OP is asking for and a discussion starts whay past his/her needs.😂 very funny and charming. Not so much with this thread at the mo but time will tell. 😀

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1475342779' post='3145246']
I have these for my ACGs, top bags in my view:

https://www.fusion-bags.com/collections/guitar-gig-bags/products/f1-bass-guitar-gig-bag
[/quote]

Yup. Same here. You can also add clip on bags to the front, which is quite novel.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1475336201' post='3145173']
https://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_premium_gigbag_e_bass_br.htm

I've had these well over a year and they are unmarked so I'd say they are hardwearing.
The price is amazing and don't believe these are cheap crap... far from it.
[/quote]

Blimey, apart from looking a bit '70's car interior, they have to be worth a punt at £30.

[quote name='KK Jale' timestamp='1475519338' post='3146598']
I bought one of those Thomann Premium gig bags about six months ago and one of the shoulder straps is completely pulling apart.

It's not even for a bass... it carries a semi-hollow, 6.5lb guitar. Not chuffed, I'll be sending it back.
[/quote]

Surely the famous 3 year warranty should cover it.

After everybody's recommendations I have gone a little my own way.
I have for years used a Reunion Blues gig bag for guitar, and my wife also has one for her Cornet. Not sure why didn't look these up in the first place.
Although this bag isn't the best if you are carrying more than just you instrument, the protection these offer is bomb proof.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak1K4CpOI5s"]https://www.youtube....h?v=Ak1K4CpOI5s[/url]

Again thanks everyone for the input.

Ta very glad
BIGd

Edited by bigd1

Fusion has just arrived. I'll do a proper review soon but first impressions - it's a beautifully made case which is quite rigid and allows the instrument to fit snugly with the provided dividers. It's really comfortable to wear as it sits high and has a waist and chest strap too. For the price I'd expect it to be exceptional and it certainly seems so. And it's British :)

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1476380236' post='3153851']
Fusion has just arrived. I'll do a proper review soon but first impressions - it's a beautifully made case which is quite rigid and allows the instrument to fit snugly with the provided dividers. It's really comfortable to wear as it sits high and has a waist and chest strap too. For the price I'd expect it to be exceptional and it certainly seems so. And it's British :)
[/quote]

British designed anyway!

I don't know why I sold mine. Desperate times I guess. About to pull the trigger on another as it's pretty much the perfect super protective, light, loads of storage gig bag.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1476381322' post='3153858']

British designed anyway!

I don't know why I sold mine. Desperate times I guess. About to pull the trigger on another as it's pretty much the perfect super protective, light, loads of storage gig bag.
[/quote]

It doesn't weigh anything empty does it - and it's satisfyingly rigid too, a bit like a hard foam case. I prefer it to the mono based on the straps alone. Inside it certainly seems more flexible.

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1476383537' post='3153878']

It doesn't weigh anything empty does it - and it's satisfyingly rigid too, a bit like a hard foam case. I prefer it to the mono based on the straps alone. Inside it certainly seems more flexible.
[/quote]

Yeah, they are fantastic and light, I had a Contego before, which was great but just too bulky. The Urban is pretty much the best bits of a bunch of other really good cases, just rolled into one. I had quite a lot of correspondence with them too before buying and they were incredibly helpful and lovely.