Why become a member? ×

Oh my, oh my, New bass day

Highfox

Are you going to tease us with some details or is it top secret?

im waiting to take delivery of a new (to me) bass too! Managed to pickup what looks to be a very decent bass for stupid money - Japanese made Aria Pro II SB Special II for £155!!!. It looks to have a lot of features in common with the earlier 80's SB range:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aria-pro-II-SuperBass-Made-in-Japan-/162194721659?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=osIDaNUttx2%252Fu9rLEi8oYpg2C1A%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Love them or hate them, here it is :)
This one seems to of done the rounds on here, but hopefully now it has found a permanent home.
This was a straight trade for a bass that I wasn't playing. This one slipped under the wifes radar so all good :)
Gig tomorrow and I might just use this.
Plays a dream and sounds fairly decent.
[url="https://flic.kr/p/M79cDm"][/url]

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1474106737' post='3135631']
Those pickups are amazing, I played one of these at a show. Any combo of MM, P or J that you want. Enjoy, I know you will.
[/quote]
Thanks.
I did a straight 6 hours on it last night and it's a joy to play.
Gig tonight so will take it along. Rock n' Roll blues on it :) (might put the odd pop slap in lol)

[quote name='TrevorR' timestamp='1474182444' post='3136038']
They are lovely basses. If I was in the market for a bass now they'd be top of the list.

Can't wait for a gig review!
[/quote]
Thanks, they are very nice baases.

Not very good at reviews but here goes.
I used it last night for the first time live, it's very easy to play, light in weight and has a fairly fast neck.
Eq was almost flat on the bass, very slight bump to the low and top end. Only rolled the treble off for a couple of Reggae'ish songs.
I used the PJ setting on the bass for most of the set, did go double splitcoil and also humbucker - jazz for a song each, which was very easy to do with a flick of the switch.
The bass has a sound of it's own imo and it's not just cloning those classic basses.
I'm very happy with it and plan to use it again live
Short clip below, forgive the mistakes :) and the bad b-vox, We only do it for fun.
New strings on it here so a bit of Zing, through my trusty Rumble, as well as some DI out FOH.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY51ie09pAo&feature=youtu.be