Why become a member? ×

**GONE** 2008 Lakland Duck Dunn p-bass

SkinnyMike

Im looking to get rid of my 2008 Duck Dunn to accommodate for a Carbon fiber necked stingray. :)
Its a great bass with the nicest neck iv ever played (the reason that made me want this bass) its just i fancy something other than a p-bass tbh.

P.M me any questions or offers or feel free to post below

Cheers

Mike

*EDIT* £650 posted with a nice padded lakland gigbag

Edited by the_house123

[quote name='ianrunci' post='300773' date='Oct 6 2008, 08:04 PM']I would presume if he paid 950 for it new it would be a Korean model although I have been known to be wrong often enough[/quote]
Just looked at the link its a skyline, deleted my "this must be a USA" post, as it made me look more of a twat than i really am! but mmmm!

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='300797' date='Oct 6 2008, 08:51 PM']Hey guys if he wants to try and sell it for more than a new one thats up to him.

Wish I could live on a planet where you can buy new stuff, use it and sell it on and get your money back.[/quote]

Ahhh, but apparently........

....the house always wins.

Hey guys, i had no idea i was selling it for more than you can buy one for as that what i paid for and yes it is the Korean model.
Looks like im going to be loosing a lot of money on this then :)

iv had it a bit longer than a month, in fact its close to 2 months old. i really want to sell this because i want a ray far too much.
So i guess offers please, help a fellow student out.

Mike

To let you know, I bought one for £699 new from the bass merchant. Maybe hang onto it if you can sort out the economics..it seems like a superb bass. If you have to sell, do you want to sell me the PG?

Funny enough i think im going to get rid of mine as well. Ill not post a for sale add as its al up in the air at the moment but i fancy a 5 string Fender P now. In fact i might even keep the DD as i really love the fralin on it.

Good luck with the sale.

Ian,

I believe they are the standard lakland pups, as its the standard skyline model and it says they are lakland pups on there site for this model. i could be wrong though as im not sure how I would be able to test which pups they are.

Yes i have a well padded lakland gig bag to go with it.
(cant believe I didn't get a case thrown in when i originally bought the bass tbh).

hope this helps

Mike

Edited by the_house123

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='305237' date='Oct 13 2008, 09:38 AM']Funny enough i think im going to get rid of mine as well. Ill not post a for sale add as its al up in the air at the moment but i fancy a 5 string Fender P now. In fact i might even keep the DD as i really love the fralin on it.

Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

Cheers Dave, Im starting to get 2nd thoughts about selling this bass now. I also realy fancy a 5 string but iv thought about maybe keeping it and adding a J pickup behind the p-pups or maybe get rid of the P-pups and slap a Humbucker in there with a jazz pup behind it and bling it up a bit more. :)

[quote name='the_house123' post='305371' date='Oct 13 2008, 12:04 PM']Ian,

I believe they are the standard lakland pups, as its the standard skyline model and it says they are lakland pups on there site for this model. i could be wrong though as im not sure how I would be able to test which pups they are.[/quote]

You can tell by the wire colours. As far as Jazz pick-ups go:

Laklands are Red/Black or Green/Black

Fralins are Black/White with braid insulation

Aeros are Black/White with plastic insulation.

I suspect that the Precision split coil are similar.

[quote name='the_house123' post='305381' date='Oct 13 2008, 12:11 PM']Cheers Dave, Im starting to get 2nd thoughts about selling this bass now. I also realy fancy a 5 string but iv thought about maybe keeping it and adding a J pickup behind the p-pups or maybe get rid of the P-pups and slap a Humbucker in there with a jazz pup behind it and bling it up a bit more. :)[/quote]

Well i have an unused 55-01 at home and i picked it up the other day and it felt nice having that low B back. But i really do like the P sound, and even more so the Fralin.
I think Dave (OBBM) has a J pup in the bridge position in his DD. Its a good idea and i was also tempted to do this but as i dont use the bridge pup in my Jazz i didnt think it was worth it for me.

For me the only bass in the running will be the Fender P5 but do i really need it? I guess i dont but will probably have one by the end of the week unless i stop reading the Bass forums ;-)

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='Adee' post='305396' date='Oct 13 2008, 12:21 PM']According to the website its a 'New Lakland Hybrid Spilt Pickup'[/quote]

Yep i think it must be, as also looking at the wires, they are red/black which on a jazz would be laklands own pups so these must definatly be this new hybrid pup. Lucky me :)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='305400' date='Oct 13 2008, 12:23 PM']For me the only bass in the running will be the Fender P5 but do i really need it? I guess i dont but will probably have one by the end of the week unless i stop reading the Bass forums ;-)[/quote]
:)

Would a Bongo 5 HH be of any interest? Not commiting to anything though as I'm not sure if I want to let it go, but LIFO (last in, first out) rules usually apply with me...

Edited by Bigwan