Why become a member? ×

Hairy cabs

fleabag

Is it just me ?

I've just spent the best part of 30 mins shaving one of my carpeted cabs. Luckily i have a Wahl leccy clipper which cleans up the straggling black carpet fibres that eventually form on top of the carpet covering, quite nicely.

What the shaver doesnt do, is pick out all the hairs ( where the hell do they come from ? I dont even own a pet ) or get rid of what looks like short grass stalks, maybe 1/2" long. This cab has never seen a lawn

What is it with cab builders that make use of this infernal covering that, without even trying, seems to attract every bit of flotsam and detritus, small babies, toupees , specks of debris from outer space, blah de blah ? Why not just make cabs with a vinyl covering ? Jeeeeeeeez it cant be anymore expensive, shirley ?

*[i] relax, eat a prozac, relax, have a beer, relax, breathe , relax * [/i]

I can see that working for surface sh*te but after the short back and sides with the clippers, i had to physically pick out the hairs and grass stalks, as they had embedded themselves.

No amount of tape would shift those.

Vinyl covering !!

When I was a teenager I left my carpet-covered Peavey amp at the house of the drummer I played with, who was a bit older than me. Unknown to me, the room he stored the gear in was also where he smoked his naughty cigs to avoid smoking in front of his kids, and the Peavey was at exactly the right height to use as a rolling surface. I recall spending a frantic half-hour picking the bits off on the way home when I took it back to my parents' house, who would not have approved. So I'm not terribly fond of carpet covered cabs...

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1473353252' post='3129444']
I don't suppose 'not giving a damn' would be an option for you guys? One of my Ashdown combos has a carpet covering and is covered in cat hair (we don't have a cat) and various other stuff, but as I don't eat off it, I don't care.
[/quote]

Well i know many pals who clean their cars when they get covered in road muck, but then they dont eat off their cars, so you could ask them, why bother ?

Hey Dave - didnt see you at Fat Lils recently ??

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1473354484' post='3129451']
Well i know many pals who clean their cars when they get covered in road muck, but then they dont eat off their cars, so you could ask them, why bother ?

Hey Dave - didnt see you at Fat Lils recently ??
[/quote]

I usually give my cars an annual clean :)

Missed a couple of FL Sundays (despite The Wirebirds supposedly being 'co-hosts' with Drivin' Sideways) because of gigging commitments. Should be there end of this month.

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1473356053' post='3129465']
I usually give my cars an annual clean :)

Missed a couple of FL Sundays (despite The Wirebirds supposedly being 'co-hosts' with Drivin' Sideways) because of gigging commitments. Should be there end of this month.
[/quote]

An annual clean ? You utter slob, and the mark of a good bassman

Probably see you at FL later this month then dave

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1473356265' post='3129468']
An annual clean ? You utter slob, and the mark of a good bassman[/quote]

I've been known to miss a year now and then...though the arrival of the Polish/Romanian car wash on the Minster Lovell road has been a boon to people like me. £8 for a good wash. They do the car, as well :)

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1473356265' post='3129468']
Probably see you at FL later this month then dave
[/quote]
Hope so!

You do realise that acoustic scientists have spent may years working out that a hairy cab gives that x factor in the bass sound? (paint the inside of you CD player green, Put your CD's in the Freezer, Slate your Front room etc) You've probably devalued it considerably by giving it a number 2! I know your pain, my Hartke Combo is now sporting quite an afro.

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1473351873' post='3129434']
I've just spent the best part of 30 mins shaving one of my carpeted cabs.
[/quote]

I quite fancy a 'sac, back and crack' job and note that you're into photography.
I think we could come up with quite an interesting Off Topic thread. What do you think..?

2 german shepherds travel daily in my gigmobile.

Never mind the carpeting on the cabinet, you should see the state the carpeted interior gets in even after vacuuming once a week.

I have pretty much given up.
House is damn near completely enveloped in dog fur during their 4 times a year major moult....
However my Oreck vacuum does help

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1473376704' post='3129716']
Outstanding. Once my Chalfonts have cleared up we can get the ball rolling. So to speak.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear about your Farmers. Perhaps we could squeeze them into a money shot ?

Not enjoying the cat hairs? Pfft! That is nothing! I once had a cat climb on top of the stack and vomit on the top edge. I didn't find it til I got home from work and it had slid down the side and dried.

Getting that out of the hairs was not fun.

I'm sure the cat was making a statement about my playing or something, but then again he used to vomit everywhere!