Why become a member? ×

Stage Clothing, where from?

charic

I'm into my slightly higher end jeans (raw denim) but I couldn't hack playing in them so I popped into Next and bought a pair of black jeans with a touch a lycra in them. I wear them for every show. The lycra stops me from splitting them as I have done in the past.

and I normally wear a T-shirt of a band that my singer doesn't like because I like winding him up hahaha. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The59Sound said:

The band T shirt is an interesting one - wear your influences on your sleeve? Is it not cool, per se, to show your support for other bands? 

While setting up, or after the gig is over wear what you want. When you are on-stage playing you are promoting your band and only your band.

2 hours ago, BigRedX said:

I don't think you can go far wrong with what we used to tell dep players:

Wear black. No Trainers (unless you are the drummer and the trainers are black without contrasting logos). No band T-shirts. No obvious brand logos.

I’d agree with these rules for a smart function band. 

Informal wear for everything else really. But always black jeans. 

It depends on the gig and the venue: functions and weddings, these EBay jackets with black shirt and trousers:

Yes, we know they're cheesy, but we're spangletastic and we don't care 😀

Pubs, bars, festivals, clubs and the like: jeans and black t-shirts (logo'd or not is not important), trainers if we want. It's never, ever been an issue...

Edited by Muzz

33 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Why?

I'm sorry but I don't understand.

I'll have trouble explaining, then, as it takes in the concept of 'blowing one's own trumpet', boasting, self-promotion, modesty, and more, that one either captures or not. I was involved with a couple of bands during the '90s (touring, doing their lights, mostly, but equally organising festivals, or assisting in the tech side, at the console or backstage...), and assisted at many concerts and festivals, all over France. The sales of promo merch was an important part of the gig, but wearing it oneself was, for just about all the bands I crossed paths with, a 'no-no'. Bands such as Kiemsa, Les Amis De Ta Femme, Marcel Et Son Orchestre, La Ruda, Outrage... A scenic presence, certainly, but not to the point of touting oneself (would be seen as ridiculous...). Better to 'promote' one's favourite band, possibly even another band on the same bill..! Other points of view are valid, of course; this is just how I've always seen things done in the circles I went around in at the time. :friends:

Attitude Clothing have some good gear. That's where i got my Demonia boots for Glam Rock band. 

https://www.attitudeclothing.co.uk/

I also buy from ebay but you need to type in a specific search to narrow it down or you get 10k- 12k to look thru. For our Glam band i'd punch in Shiny metallic jeans or sequined jackets and go from there.

Just punch in a search for stage wear or stage gear UK and see what comes up.

Dave

15 hours ago, Bluewine said:

Athletic cut Black t shirts, jeans and colorful Nike's.

No matter what you wear, how good do we look at 65?

Blue

But you don't look anywhere near that age Blue so be careful what you wear. You don't want to look older than need be :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigRedX said:

While setting up, or after the gig is over wear what you want. When you are on-stage playing you are promoting your band and only your band.

The bands whose tshirts we wear on stage don’t need our promotion. We’re not exactly competing with them...

10 hours ago, The59Sound said:

The band T shirt is an interesting one - wear your influences on your sleeve? Is it not cool, per se, to show your support for other bands? 

Yes, I think so. We all wear band tshirts on stage now and again. It’s kind of a homage to the bands we like and admire. It’s quite often a talking point with punters too.