Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='josh3184' post='443057' date='Mar 23 2009, 08:35 PM'][size=1]cricket is awesome[/size][/quote]

No argument there, being a yorkshireman, cricket is a way of life, we must carry a set of emergency wickets with us at all times, there is no dispute that can't be settled by a few overs, and there is no greater honour than defeating lancashire (damn that red rose)

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='443076' date='Mar 23 2009, 08:43 PM']No argument there, being a yorkshireman, cricket is a way of life, we must carry a set of emergency wickets with us at all times, there is no dispute that can't be settled by a few overs, and there is no greater honour than defeating lancashire (damn that red rose)[/quote]

Nothing can compete with spontaneous cricket. A couple of years ago I organised a game in a street in Bulgaria, planks for bats, bins for stumps and a ball made out of wine corks wrapped in duck tape. I recall that it ended in a draw.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='444693' date='Mar 25 2009, 08:43 AM']Nice. How did you do the finish on the byoc pedals?[/quote]

I gotta be honest, the guitarist in our band did them. I'll ask him, he built the clones from the kit too. He did say the finish took longer than the soldering :)

[quote name='cheddatom' post='444693' date='Mar 25 2009, 08:43 AM']Nice. How did you do the finish on the byoc pedals?[/quote]

Here's what our guitarist said

- find some cool smoke images on t'web.
- make a template with [url="http://www.gimp.org/"]http://www.gimp.org/[/url] or similar...this was the tricky bit
- print image onto transparent A4 sticker and cut out
- wire-brush/polish and clean aluminium pedal case
- apply sticker and apply 3 coats of clear lacquer
- done!

Cheddatom, the BYOC large beaver you got from kev used to be mine, I finished it using plasticote spray paint from homebase

Couple of new arrivals, still no actual board, but y'know, can't have everything, crappy camerphone pic:

The chains not obvious from that, it goes:

Bass/Guitar > XP-100 Whammy (dry out) > Craptastic tuner Whammy (wet out) > Crybaby bass Wah > Feedback Looper (Send) > EHX Microsynth > Cherry Pop Fuzz > Modded Bad Monkey OD > Feedback Looper (Return) > Cool Cat Chorus > Trace Elliot compressor > Boss DD-20 delay > headphones/amp

I'm selling the Trace compressor, It's great, but it's shown me that i just don't need a compressor, so I'm flogging it in the effects sale forum if anyone's interested

[quote name='mr pablo' post='445292' date='Mar 25 2009, 07:06 PM']Cheddatom, the BYOC large beaver you got from kev used to be mine, I finished it using plasticote spray paint from homebase[/quote]

Cool, I love the sparkly blue finish!

bobbass how come your chorus isn't in your feedback loop?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='445697' date='Mar 26 2009, 09:12 AM']bobbass how come your chorus isn't in your feedback loop?[/quote]

It doesnt like it for some reason, just buzzes, it does run on 18v, and the looper's a real simple homebuilt passive jobbie, they just don't get on

[quote name='Alfie' post='443123' date='Mar 23 2009, 09:17 PM']Nothing can compete with spontaneous cricket. A couple of years ago I organised a game in a street in Bulgaria, planks for bats, bins for stumps and a ball made out of wine corks wrapped in duck tape. I recall that it ended in a draw.[/quote]

when in spain on a rugby tour, one morning when incredibly hungover - probably still pissed - we played a game of imaginary cricket whilst waiting for a bus. There were no bats, wickets or ball but we didn't let that stop us. I recall several close run outs, many impressive diving catches, several impressive centuries (of about 6 balls - imaginary centuries) and the most confused faces (on the locals that is, they have a clue what we were doing). I do believe the game ended in draw as well.

[quote name='fifeq' post='447671' date='Mar 27 2009, 07:53 PM']next question: what you think about this sound lab power supply? im thinking about buying simillar[/quote]

haha well if you buy my book...
It's actually not bad at all! i bought it as temporary thing before upgrading to a voodoo or dc brick, i was expecting loads of hu and all sorts of hideous noise but as long as you don't disconnected any of the patch leads it's really silent! Hasnt got enough power to power th bigger pedals though, my blogger has its own power supply as won't work with the soundlab lol

Latest incarnation. Not using the MicroBass II much live - Spector > MultiComp > LH sounds just chipper to me - but it's nice to look at and cost more than the rest of the bloody things put together, so there it stays.

TU-2 > BassBalls > Hyperdrive > MultiComp > MicroBass II

[attachment=22864:DSC01662.JPG]
[attachment=22865:DSC01663.JPG]

The Hyperdrive & TU-2 will have to go though - they're not black & blue.

Edited by johnnylager