Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Hey guys, I've been looking through this thread much like chedattom was describing... lol.

thing is a while ago, I had to sell off most of my FX, keeping only the bare essentials:

MXR M80+ DI
EBS Multicomp
Boss Tu-2

I'm thinking about getting back some NICE Fx. Unfortunately, There isnt much chance of trying out most of these "boutique" pedals that I'm seeing loads of here, and frankly, the norm doesnt really satisfy me much anymore.

With that in mind, what would you gear-whores (joking) recommend for:

[b]Phaser:[/b] Long Deep Swells is what I'm looking for.

[b]Delay/Loop Station:[/b] On the delay part, I dont need fast delay times, basically just echos, on the LoopStation part, I dont need something like a DL4, as simple as I can get them would be fine, as long as the sound quality is good, and I can record some base phrase and layer on some parts. doesnt need to go beyond 14secs or so...

[b]Bass Chorus:[/b] I've tried a boss CE-2b japanese version in the past, and quite liked it... anything around those lines that you'd recommend?

[b]AutoWah/Envelope Filter:[/b] I've tried a few, none have done it for me. Tried: dod fx25, dod fx25b, ebs bass IQ, EH Qtron+ EH mini Qtron...

Cheers guys

[quote name='Toasted' post='272722' date='Aug 29 2008, 06:18 PM'][/quote]

Have you seen this? Looks ideal for that little lot...

[url="http://www.pedaltrain.com/ContentPage.aspx?WebPageId=21155&GroupId=4264"]http://www.pedaltrain.com/ContentPage.aspx...mp;GroupId=4264[/url]

Edited by thumbo

well i've completely revamped my pedals. Sold loads over the past 12 months and ended up very minimalist with a wah and fuzz. I've just bought a Pedaltrain Jr and a few other pedals and am really happy with the results. Will get a photo up soon but it goes

Cream Pie - Digitech BSW - Opto Stomp - Nano Small Stone - Pickle Pie B - Stereo Electric Mistress

This is the first incarnation of my pedalboard! :huh:

It obviously still needs to be covered, but there's plenty of room for reshuffles and additions...and I need to talk to Obbm about gettin some leads and daisychain adapters to replace the cheapo leads and stop relying on batteries, but we're almost there!

Not finalized the sequence yet, as I'm still experimenting with what does what to what so please don't flame me too bad!

[attachment=13308:DSC00313.JPG]

Jus' need a band that requires some effects now :)

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='283201' date='Sep 13 2008, 03:09 PM'][attachment=13308:DSC00313.JPG][/quote]

I see you like big black russian balls :)

That joke was so bad i think i deserve to be banned.......

on a less innunedo laden note, i didn't even know EHX made russian bassballs, does it sound any better than the american piece o' crap?

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='283464' date='Sep 14 2008, 12:56 AM']I see you like big black russian balls :huh:

That joke was so bad i think i deserve to be banned.......

on a less innunedo laden note, i didn't even know EHX made russian bassballs, does it sound any better than the american piece o' crap?[/quote]

Having never tried the Yankee POC, I wouldn't know...but I'm pretty happy with the one I've got! Doesn't like my 'ray for some reason, and even with the sensitivity knob at its lowest setting it likes to make all kinda wierd noises, but with my Rickenfaker or any of my passive basses it Mwah's like a beaut!

[quote name='mr.sibs' post='283225' date='Sep 13 2008, 04:06 PM']love the shoes...will you be gigging in them?[/quote]

:) for your sir, anything!

I didn't notice them, trust you eagle eyed BCers to spot 'em!

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='283960' date='Sep 14 2008, 10:55 PM']Cream Pie[/quote]
i thought that till i tried a zoom power drive i thought it would be terrible, but it's pretty much just a cream pie with a tighter low end / brighter highs / more volume on tap / more gain on tap

[quote name='umph' post='283998' date='Sep 15 2008, 12:02 AM']i thought that till i tried a zoom power drive i thought it would be terrible, but it's pretty much just a cream pie with a tighter low end / brighter highs / more volume on tap / more gain on tap[/quote]

As long as by tighter low end you mean loss of

:)

The (shortlived) Zoom analogue pedals are absolute diamonds. I have the set.

the Hyperlead is a genius guitar pedal - not tried it on bass. Very good sweepable mid EQ as well as lo and hi.

The Ultra Fuzz is just bloody amazing. Wooly Mammoth my arse. The dual fuzz circuits in the UF are great - you kind of blend between them with one of the knobs from kind of a Big Muff <--> Fuzz Face type sound

Power Driver is nice - very flexible EQ section.

And the Tri-Metal is instant brewtal metalzzorz <ahem> if you like that sort of thing. Again - not tried it on bass though.

Starting to get harder to find (all of them) now too. I almost flogged mine a while back - glad I didn't.