Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1344447328' post='1764730']
Slightly more boring but functional iteration of my pedalboard:
[/quote]

Eskimo!! Not boring at all... looks like a fun board to use! I'm a bit old-fashioned.. still got an OC-2.. A couple of questions.. is that a Pedaltrain Jr? also, what's the power supply?? and can you let us know which inter-connects you're using??? Cheers.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1344500928' post='1765378']
what is that weird blue pedal Eskimo?
[/quote]
I believe it's a Team Awesome Fuzz Machine.

In other, more personal news, I have [i]finally[/i] decided to start on a pedalboard with most likely a Polytune, a Phat Phuk B, a BB Bass Preamp, an OC-2, and most likely an Oxide, on a Diago board with a Powerstation and hooked up with George L's. Now that I've said it on here, I can't change my mind again! :) I hope.
...just added it up and it's $1095 altogether. Wish me luck! :blink:

Edited by lxxwj

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1344518796' post='1765832']
I believe it's a Team Awesome Fuzz Machine.

In other, more personal news, I have [i]finally[/i] decided to start on a pedalboard with most likely a Polytune, a Phat Phuk B, a BB Bass Preamp, an OC-2, and most likely an Oxide, on a Diago board with a Powerstation and hooked up with George L's. Now that I've said it on here, I can't change my mind again! :) I hope.
...just added it up and it's $1095 altogether. Wish me luck! :blink:
[/quote]

You'll save a ton by buying the bits 2nd hand. Stuff like Powerstations crop up all the time for cheap.

If you need and straight George L's let me know as I have loads spare if you want a few cheap (pending on postage costs to your side of the world of course!).

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1344463633' post='1765122']
A couple of questions.. is that a Pedaltrain Jr? also, what's the power supply?? and can you let us know which inter-connects you're using??? Cheers.
[/quote]

Yesiree that's a PT-Jnr, it's a really nice sized board. I can fit pretty much enough for anything on their and it's still light enough to carry about on public transport with the bag. I'm using Venom patch cables - they're absolutely brilliant. Never had one fail. I seem to find them cheap on ebay every now and then, couldn't recommend them any more. As for the power supply I use a Diago Powerstation, it's brilliant and really is worth the extra money over one of the cheaper OneSpot adapters.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1344500928' post='1765378']
what is that weird blue pedal Eskimo?
[/quote]

I think you mean the SS/BS Team Awesome Fuzz Machine? Great fuzz with bags of lowend :).

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1344518796' post='1765832']

In other, more personal news, I have [i]finally[/i] decided to start on a pedalboard with most likely a Polytune, a Phat Phuk B, a BB Bass Preamp, an OC-2, and most likely an Oxide, on a Diago board with a Powerstation and hooked up with George L's.
[/quote]

Sounds like a good start mate! You may find a Diago alternative a little cheaper in the states though - might I suggest you start scouring for pedals on the TB classifieds.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1344521243' post='1765879']
You'll save a ton by buying the bits 2nd hand. Stuff like Powerstations crop up all the time for cheap.
[/quote]

SHUUUSH DON'T LET THE SECRET OUT! ;) There's a cheap powerstation on here at the moment actually... might have already gone though, wouldn't surprise me at the price it was listed

[quote name='simwells' timestamp='1344528835' post='1766069']
Also look out for the Johnnyshredfreak PSUs second hand, No longer available as I presume Diago stopped him but they were clearly out of the same factory and about a third of the price.
[/quote]

It wasn't Diago, it was changing European regulations that put a stop to it. Apparently they're tweaking the design to fall in compliance with the rules and then their going to start production again... well that's what I heard a few months ago anyway.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1344521243' post='1765879']

If you need and straight George L's let me know as I have loads spare if you want a few cheap (pending on postage costs to your side of the world of course!).
[/quote]
Got it, to Ebay and BC classifieds it is! :)
[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1344531974' post='1766129']
Sounds like a good start mate! You may find a Diago alternative a little cheaper in the states though - might I suggest you start scouring for pedals on the TB classifieds.

SHUUUSH DON'T LET THE SECRET OUT! ;) There's a cheap powerstation on here at the moment actually... might have already gone though, wouldn't surprise me at the price it was listed

It wasn't Diago, it was changing European regulations that put a stop to it. Apparently they're tweaking the design to fall in compliance with the rules and then their going to start production again... well that's what I heard a few months ago anyway.
[/quote]
Johnnyshredfreak.. got it.
Can't seem to find on Ebay/google, but I'll keep an eye out on here for pedals, PSU's, etc. Let's do this! B)

Due to have a number of changes recently I thought I'd write this up for those interested in the exact workings of my board...

[url="http://www.sheponbass.co.uk/blog/my-signal-chain-explained-august-2012.html"]Shep on Bass - My Signal Chain Explained[/url]

I think that just about covers it all!!

Pics taken at a music video shoot yesterday:

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/IMG_0553.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/IMG_0555.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/IMG_0556.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/IMG_0558.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/IMG_0560.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/IMG_0549.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='D-L-B' timestamp='1344682936' post='1767915']
Here's the latest incarnation of my board
[IMG]http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr155/spider_lad/969c4d7a.jpg[/IMG]
You can read a little bit about it here:
http://www.sheponbass.co.uk/blog/interview-dan-leadbetter.html
[/quote]

I like the colourcoded octaswitch!

Truckstop

Yes, the downsizing of my board worked as planned!

Managed to save quite a bit of weight by going from this:

to a Pedaltrain Mini (with the Volume pedal being an option for gigs):

Just need to decide whether to buy the smaller Diago Micropower9 that fits under the Pedaltrain and wire in the power cables. Also, would like to find a matching Dimarzio 18" cable to replace the temporary one one the Whammy 'out' side.

Edited by AndyW

Thought I'd chime in here.

My board has gone from dirty pedal board......

There is an A/B looper which combined a Phat Phuk and ODB-3 in one loop and had a Pickle Pie in the other.

[attachment=115374:photo.JPG]

To this much less offensive clean machine....

Again the brain stays, the looper, which has a Aguilar DB 924 in one loop and a BB Bass Pre amp in the other with everything going out through the compressor. The BB is a great wee unit and it really allows me to adjust the drive to the DB924 pre amp so volumes and tones are as even as possible. Its not very complex but gives a really solid tone. It's perfect for the gigs I'm playing at the minute.

I'll also say that a A/B pedal is really handy on a board and means a one button change and no tap dancing, I'd heartily recommend it to you guys who have a less comples set up but need to change sounds quickly with out tap dancing mid song.

[attachment=115375:photo-2.JPG]

Edited by krispn

[quote name='krispn' timestamp='1344696751' post='1768106']
The BB is a great wee unit and it really allows me to adjust the drive to the DB924 pre amp so volumes and tones are as even as possible. Its not very complex but gives a really solid tone. It's perfect for the gigs I'm playing at the minute.
[/quote]

I love my BB, definitely the best overdrive unit I've ever tried hands down.

Sorry to be cheeky, but if you ever fancy shifting the pickle pie please gimme a buzz because I'd be very interested!!

[quote name='AndyW' timestamp='1344696670' post='1768104']
Yes, the downsizing of my board worked as planned!
[/quote]

I might just be me but my OCD would be going mental with your new Mini set up. I'm sure it does save you weight (and I do prefer the Pedaltrain boards over the Diago ones) but your older set up seems a bit neater to me... :blush: Anyway, sick choice of pedals!

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1344700669' post='1768153']
I might just be me but my OCD would be going mental with your new Mini set up. I'm sure it does save you weight (and I do prefer the Pedaltrain boards over the Diago ones) but your older set up seems a bit neater to me... :blush: Anyway, sick choice of pedals!
[/quote]

Haha! Was a tough decision, but really is a lot easier to carry around on public transport, plus I don't always need the volume pedal.
Also for my extreme OCD-ness, I didn't like seeing the cables on the old board. ;)

Eskimo

Those pedals from the nasty board are all gone. It was for my old band who disbanded earlier this year. I'm not into too much dirt on bass so didn't need all that filth!

The W&C stuff is great. I'd be interested in trying the TC ELectronic Spark booster in place of the phat Phuk as it appears to have added versatility. If anyone has tried the TC Spark boost let me know!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1344687379' post='1767984']
Due to have a number of changes recently I thought I'd write this up for those interested in the exact workings of my board...

[url="http://www.sheponbass.co.uk/blog/my-signal-chain-explained-august-2012.html"]Shep on Bass - My Signal Chain Explained[/url]

I think that just about covers it all!!

Pics taken at a music video shoot yesterday:

[/quote]
One question.. do you run both the sub and noise loops at the same time?

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1344723387' post='1768538']

One question.. do you run both the sub and noise loops at the same time?
[/quote]

Sometimes.

The loops mixer swaps between A and B with one switch and enables both in parallel with the other. I often play a line with the noise channel and then kick in the 'sub' underneath it when it builds up.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1344728133' post='1768608']
Sometimes.

The loops mixer swaps between A and B with one switch and enables both in parallel with the other. I often play a line with the noise channel and then kick in the 'sub' underneath it when it builds up.
[/quote]
Sounds [i]awesome[/i]. I see you've gotten rid of the Moog LPF in favor of the Iron Ether.. is it [i]that[/i] good?! :blink: You guys have to come to the US sometime.. play some shows.