Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1326457617' post='1497414']
:lol: It could be used as a mono cable but if you used it for stereo, only one channel would come through. I used stereo jacks as the mono jack would have shorted the R & S together & I didn't know if that would still work (aparantly it still does).

Have you tried using the ENV Out on something that regulates speed, like the 108s speed?
[/quote]

I use the same George L's to connect them that I patch all my pedals together with!?

I tried the ENV Out into the rate of the Phaser but was a bit under whelmed. I haven't tried it with the Cluster Flux yet so I'll report back when I'm at the studio next!

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1326452619' post='1497327'] I'm thinking of getting rid of some of my pedals for a Line 6 M9. Mainly for Delay/Reverb, chorus, and phaser... Does anyone have any experience with them? What are the compression models like? Im using an Agular TLC at the moment so not expecting to be blown away! And would there be a dirt setting that could replace the Bass Big Muff Pi? [/quote]

The M9 is excellent for delays and reverb. The modulation on it is ok. Its not great but its not bad either, just...alright. I havnt tried the compression on it but I dont rate the dirt at all, they all feel really thin and tame to me. Its a pedal you can get a lot of use out of and I reckon its worth going for. Ive put mine back on my board again recently and it just gives me a few extra options than the space with my singles does. Add in some easy tap tempo and the ability to change any parameter with an expression pedal, and it means you have a lot of options at your feet.

I was thinking of selling mine at one point but im glad I didnt now. Its a good complement to the pedals I have.

Edited by deej

Yeah i'd keep the tuner, the one on the M9 is all over the place when you tune!

My board is basically dirt pedals and a filter with the M9 as I find they're the weakest things about it. The looper is also good fun, its really easy to use and I find it useful for playing around with song ideas on my own too.

Finally loaded up my Pedaltrain Nano with the bare essentials.

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/Higgie123/Bass%20Stuff/My%20Rig/Nov-Dec%202011/IMG_0076.jpg[/IMG]

Sadowsky Pre-Amp/DI with Korg DT-10BK on the Tuner Out, into Aguilar TLC, into MojoHand Cream Pie. Sorry for the crappy pic. iPod Touch strikes again!!

All powered by a Johnnyshredfreak power supply. I'm thinking of getting another couple of Nanos and going with a modular setup. Seeing as a Nano will fit 4 regular sized pedals, that will always leave a spare output on the Daisy chain so I could power more than one board with one power supply. All held down with Pedalboard Tape (ripped all the velcro off the board and pedals. It's brilliant stuff, can't believe how strong it is!) and wired up with George L's.

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1326673886' post='1500441']

Wot no envelope filter?!!!

Is that the tape from the GigRig?

Sadowsky Pre-Amp/DI with Korg DT-10BK on the Tuner Out, into Aguilar TLC, into MojoHand Cream Pie. Sorry for the crappy pic. iPod Touch strikes again!!

All powered by a Johnnyshredfreak power supply. I'm thinking of getting another couple of Nanos and going with a modular setup. Seeing as a Nano will fit 4 regular sized pedals, that will always leave a spare output on the Daisy chain so I could power more than one board with one power supply. All held down with Pedalboard Tape (ripped all the velcro off the board and pedals. It's brilliant stuff, can't believe how strong it is!) and wired up with George L's.
[/quote]

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1326673886' post='1500441']

[/quote]

Nice! I like the choice of pedals....

How about a Korg Pitchblack or Polytune - something smaller? You then might be able to fit another pedal on there and we all know MOAR IS BETTER :D

[quote name='BigBassBob' timestamp='1326688090' post='1500494']
I like it, Higgie!
[/quote]
Thanks mate! :)

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1326694638' post='1500497']
Wot no envelope filter?!!!

Is that the tape from the GigRig?
[/quote]
Well I do love my filters, but sadly it's not a "Bare Essential". That's what makes me want to get another couple of PT Nanos. I could have one with the Octamizer, and XBlender with my Swollen Pickle clone and Filter Twin in the loop. And another with my Analogman Chorus, Subdecay Baby Quasar, Atomic Echo clone delay, etc. And just pick and choose which boards I use for which gigs!

And as for the tape, I'm pretty sure it's the same stuff, but I got it off of eBay from a seller called Audio Spares.

[quote name='I am not excane' timestamp='1326724604' post='1501019']
Nice! I like the choice of pedals....

How about a Korg Pitchblack or Polytune - something smaller? You then might be able to fit another pedal on there and we all know MOAR IS BETTER :D
[/quote]

Thanks, it's a great little board. I was thinking of that, my Dad has a Pitchblack, but the fact is I love the Blue and White LED's of the DT-10BK! I'm not sure how much space would be saved, seeing as the other pedals have their jacks on the side and the DT-10 has them on top, allowing me to have no gap between pedals.

And I'm also no stranger to the concept of MOAR, my last board was a PT-2 with 13 pedals on it :P

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1326736202' post='1501302']

Thanks, it's a great little board. I was thinking of that, my Dad has a Pitchblack, but the fact is I love the Blue and White LED's of the DT-10BK! I'm not sure how much space would be saved, seeing as the other pedals have their jacks on the side and the DT-10 has them on top, allowing me to have no gap between pedals.

[/quote]

Blue LED's, yeah baby! Just like the Hand dryers in the pub at King's Cross! haha! ;o)

Still gotta try the 'mythical' Cream Pie out sometime.

New homebuilt router on board & new layout. Sounds pretty awesome.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/xgsjx/6711384757/][/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/xgsjx/6711372259/][/url]

Shep would have a field day with my wiring (either that, or a heart attack!).

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1326751900' post='1501633']
I can likely get you a 10% discount code for orders direct from the website :)
[/quote]

Fantastic! I think I'm gonna be using a lot of it in the future so that would be awesome, thanks Shep! :D

[quote name='AndyW' timestamp='1326756603' post='1501702']
Blue LED's, yeah baby! Just like the Hand dryers in the pub at King's Cross! haha! ;o)

Still gotta try the 'mythical' Cream Pie out sometime.
[/quote]

Haha, the very same!! You're more than welcome to come and try it mate.

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1326767698' post='1501771']
Fantastic! I think I'm gonna be using a lot of it in the future so that would be awesome, thanks Shep! :D

[/quote]

AudioSpares.co.uk

Discount Code: ASE10CE. Vlid until End of March. 10% off. Multiple use.

Stock up on Neutrik jack-jack cable :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1326807396' post='1502157'] AudioSpares.co.uk Discount Code: ASE10CE. Vlid until End of March. 10% off. Multiple use. Stock up on Neutrik jack-jack cable :) [/quote]

Shep, you are a legend :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1326807396' post='1502157']
AudioSpares.co.uk

Discount Code: ASE10CE. Vlid until End of March. 10% off. [b]Multiple use.[/b]

Stock up on Neutrik jack-jack cable :)
[/quote]
..hope you're not just talking about that extra-strong tape there mate...

your GF may be in trouble.. :unsure: