Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

I was thinking about approaching George L for an endorsement... Figure folks have string endorsements. I'm basically a walkin advert for the company!!! :)

I'm getting a bit anal about signal routing and tidying of cables etc.

Anyone have an uber board they want laying out, get in touch... Cheap rates :) lol

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1324586749' post='1476073']
As promised...
The final signal routing and tidy up of the 'lower level' of my board... Gigrig Generator and all the distributors and voltage multipliers that means my entire board is run off 1 mains plug (except the Moog MP-201)...

And the new, super tidy cabling in place! Woop woop...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... I told you I was using two OC-2's :)

My Channel 2 is now more effective as my 'sub' channel: OC-2 -> Unichorus -> GEB-7

Shep
[/quote]

Niiiiiice!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1324734753' post='1477441']
You know it! :)

Just waitin on my custom switcher/looper from Max @ SFX in the new year (will be replacing the LS-2) and I'm all set for 2012's gigging and recording.
[/quote]

Thats kinda what i have. Switcher/looper with downswitch for deep impact with seperate volume controls and a blend control. Super pedal!

Mine will integrate the A/B mode and A+B mix mode of the LS-2... So I can be using one channel or the other and then kick the other one in (like playing something, then kicking in my sub channel), but while both channels are engaged I can select which channel will be active wen I go back to just a single channel... Eg. Playing with loop A, kick in loop B so both loops are in use, drop out loop A and continue with just loop B.

Yay :)

This is what I've been using to while away the Xmas holidays :)

not back to work until Tuesday so having a load of fun with this!!

EDIT: chain is TU-2 (hidden off-shot to the right!) - wren and cuff phat phuk b - xotic bass bb preamp - fuzzrocious grey stache (LED & germanium diodes, gate on 2nd footswitch) - subdecay echobox - boss pn-2
:)

Edited by GazWills

[quote name='Mace' timestamp='1324588151' post='1476098']
Have been meaning to do this for ages, here goes...

Left to right - Line 6 X3 Live, Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter with a Diago power supply above it, Akai Deep Impact, a piece of paper with some presets written on, Soundblock Multiwave Bass Distortion, Xotic X-Blender, EHX Bass Big Muff PI.

The right band board is linked to the Line 6 via it's effects loop, with the volume pedal as a blend from dry to wet

It does me!

Merry Christmas!
[/quote]

happy xmas matey - i'll really have to pop round and sneak a go on your deep impact some time, love to know what all the fuss is about!! nice boards!

Moved a couple things about on it today, everything is in the same place ish but looks loads neater!

Signal chain is:

In/out box ->
Line6 m5 w/ exp pedal
Dual True bypass looper with
Send A: mark bass super synth
Send B: hello sailor dollface -> cranetortoise dd 1b
Source audio bass envelope filter w/ hot hand
Lovepedal echo baby
Cranetortoise sw-1b
Back to the in/out box

What you using the m5 for?

Ive been umming and ahhing with my m9 for a couple years now, just dont know whether to have it on my board or not. Thinking about going mad and buying a Pitchfactor but I dont know if I can justify the money.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1325533091' post='1484118']
I've recently swapped out my whammy with a Pitchfactor for the pitch glide settings. Everything else it can do is mind blowing. Best move I ever made!
[/quote]

want one of these so badly!

and i see on facebook you've been messing about with the motherboard shep?

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1325606037' post='1485028']
want one of these so badly!

and i see on facebook you've been messing about with the motherboard shep?

andy
[/quote]

It is awesome!

Indeed - My 'lower level' of the board has been messy for too long - out of sight, out of mind and all that. I decided it was time to tidy and cut cables down a little better etc. Its pretty tidy now! :) I actually contacted George L's about an endorsement. 72 Plugs seemed like a fair C.V. for it! lol

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1325607013' post='1485060']

It is awesome!

Indeed - My 'lower level' of the board has been messy for too long - out of sight, out of mind and all that. I decided it was time to tidy and cut cables down a little better etc. Its pretty tidy now! :) I actually contacted George L's about an endorsement. 72 Plugs seemed like a fair C.V. for it! lol
[/quote]

Jesus! I have 10.... Good lawd my man!

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1325607138' post='1485065']
Jesus! I have 10.... Good lawd my man!
[/quote]

I know!

I figure a good 20m of cable as well... Still relatively noise free though with the exception of some hiss when I use the Bright Filter on my EBS head (Super highs), yet still nothing major :)

I get it all from Hot Rox. They have an online store: [url="http://www.hotroxuk.com/guitar-accessories-links-847-0/guitar-cable-links-6145-0/george-l-cables-and-plugs-10001-0.html"]http://www.hotroxuk....gs-10001-0.html[/url] , But I have the benefit that they are 2 minutes from our studio, so I know the owner pretty well. I use the .155 gauge stuff for my entire board. The only cable on it that isn't are the 3 midi cables that run from a splitter into the MP-201, Pitchfactor & Cluster Flux (So they all share a midi clock in sync with the metronome we play live to), They are Neutrik Plugs and generic 2-core with shield cable.

I LOVE the George L's stuff, though I know many others are not too keen. Between that cabling and my GigRig Power system it's done a miracle job of keeping my signal chain so clean!

I've become a bit OTT with the neat pedalboard cabling though. I'm doing a mates board for him next week now too! lol

Edit: Just done the maths on how much I've spent on George L's... Ouch. I'm not going to do the same with my Modular Power System as I fear that will beat the cost hands down :(

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1325607013' post='1485060']
It is awesome!

[/quote]

yeh that does sound fair!

andy