Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 1974 Fender Jazz
£1750

Raslee

Wow, never predicted this would ever happen but my lovely 1974 Fender Jazz is up for grabs. Sadly life's unexpected situations happen and I need to recoup some cash from building works and also a recent car purchase. So with a very heavy heart my 1974 all original, apart from the wires on the pickups, a screw in the strap holder, and the middle screw in the bridge - previous snapped when taking it off to photo yesterday. Hands down this is the best bass i've played and heard - no other jazz soundwise has come close but it's all i have to sell. Also another bass (in my sig) that shall not be mentioned will be going too.

The bad bits for complete honesty, a screw went through the 19th fret making a very small hole indentation to the fretboard - doesn't effect playability though - seen in the myriad of pictures to follow. Also there is a hairline crack in first pearloid marker on the first fret - still smooth though, again not an issue - quite common on a bass of this age. Under the scratch plate there is a strange 3-4cm line dint, was like this when i got it - see pics. Usual knocks, mojo and small dings for a 42 year old bass but again nothing tragic - this bass is cool as ;)

** Forgot to mention, as seen in the pictures it has a Hipshot detuner on at present, i will take this off and return the original tuner or i can leave the detuner on for an extra £20 - along with the original tuner.
*** Also i have the original ashtray covers :)

Also my surname is 'Stone', my 6yr old daughter used to call this 'The Family Stone bass'...so if you're looking for a bass for metal...this is not the bass your looking for ;)...however if you love all things with a groove then buy it before i see sense and kick myself hard.

So without further ado check the link to the 81 pictures of all the bass and bits - i stripped it this morning for authenticity pictures and now its all back together as sweetly as before.
Low action and a nice 9.81lbs / 4.4 Kgs.....not a heavy beast by any means but also not too light to suck the tone out.

The 81 Pictures: [url="https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0O5BydzFW49mM"]https://www.icloud.c...#B0O5BydzFW49mM[/url]:

If you need anything more specific then do let me know, but I'm reluctant to strip it again.
Oldie pictures:

[attachment=223202:jazz 74.jpg]
[attachment=223203:jazz head.jpg]
[attachment=223204:Screenshot (9).png]
[attachment=223205:Screenshot (7).jpg]
[attachment=223209:IMG_2391.JPG]

When i got this bass in part cash/trade the seller was looking for £2K. I will be looking for just £1750 or better still a part trade with a cheaper 4 string only bass, ideally a USA jazz or other Jazz, possibly a Precision ideally with a Jazz width neck i.e Duck Dunn or Fender Special, Limelight etc, may consider a 3EQ Musicman Stingray, G&L's etc and cash my way (at least £900).

Collection from Plymouth or buyer can arrange courier. I do not have a hard case, rather I have one of those soft cases...not a gig bag but soft case - it will packed superwell by my wife, who is legendary (see my feedback) - have posted many basses around the world without issues too.

Right, must go and nurse my anxiety attacks :(

Edited by Raslee

[quote name='three' timestamp='1468237600' post='3089427']
What's the weight of this - I had an absolutely gorgeous '76 in natural but it was unbearably heavy?
[/quote] A bearable 9.81lbs...nicely sitting too :)

[quote name='Orbs' timestamp='1468239300' post='3089448']
Lee is a top guy to deal with, buy with confidence. Awesome bass too, mine is identical to this otherwise I'd buy this in a heartbeat at that price....... GLWTS mate!
[/quote] Ah, love ya :) - I needd the love...soooo sad to see this bass go...maybe nobody will want it for a while :unsure: :(

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1468226962' post='3089302']
A Y.O.B. Jazz... no mr Been you do not need it....
[/quote] Ditto, 42 too...but certainly not Level :lol:

Hi Lee,I'm liking the look of your 74 Jazz (who in their right mind wouldn't) I've got a couple of nice options for you. I have a rather nice 78 Jazz in Red with a maple fingerboard,it's all original,it weighs about 11 lbs. Also I have a 94 Stingray Honeyburst with a maple fingerboard,it's a nice weight. Sorry I don't have the original cases for these. If your interested I will send you some photos of them. I'll make sure there's plenty of cash your way to make it worth your while! [email protected] or if you want to phone me on 07939120702 Cheers Norm