Why become a member? ×

SOLD: ACG Recurve 33" scale "Graft" Fretted 5
£550

franzbassist

I need to clear some space for a new ACG Krell I have incoming, so I am putting this lovely Recurve up for sale.

It's from the now discontinued "Graft" configuration bass, which was Alan's more cost-effective range and has now replaced by the "Standard", but it's beautifully put together, light weight, and sounds great.

Link to the bass on the ACG site is [url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/portfolio/g0017-recurve-5-string/"]here[/url], but it's basically:[list]
[*]alder body with a mahogany top
[*]male 3pc 33" scale neck
[*]rosewood board
[*]2x ACG FB pickups
[*]Volume/Tone/4 way Rotary switch (neck, neck+bridge series, neck+ bridge parallel, bridge).
[*]Dunlop straplocks
[/list]

Weight is about 8.5lbs and balance is good. Being a 33" scale it's a breeze to play.

There are a couple of little bumps on it, but overall it's very clean.

It will comes with a basic gig bag.

Price is £550 shipped.

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='tobiewharton' timestamp='1461240175' post='3032768']
Hi walbassist,

Lovely looking bass! What's its string spacing please?

Cheers,

Tobie
[/quote]

Hello Tobie

Not sure to be honest. It's a Hipshot Type B so I'd guess either 17 or 19mm.

Cheers

Gareth

I think it's 18mm from memory Gareth... I know it's not 19mm as I found the spacing ever-so-slightly too narrow for my preference (which is usually 19mm!). I'd be surprised if it was 17mm.

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1461242745' post='3032806']
I think it's 18mm from memory Gareth... I know it's not 19mm as I found the spacing ever-so-slightly too narrow for my preference (which is usually 19mm!). I'd be surprised if it was 17mm.
[/quote]

Thanks Ian. It certainly feels like 18mm... I was just going by the Hipshot specs on the website.

£550 for a custom built bass? It is a massive bargain for a piece of Alan's work. I bought a Graft 4 on a whim a few years back and it was fantastic, just a shame I was a plank and sold it in the name of GAS, If I wasn't skint I'd snap this up in a heartbeat! :D