Why become a member? ×

Returning to bass...practise setup?

Moos3h

Hi all,

Returning back to the fold after a while on the dark side (drums!) I'm now wanting to get back into bass and need to sort myself a practise 'setup'.

Requirements:

100% of it will be with headphones, playing along to audio from the PC (MP3 files and/or Spotify).

I have a nice(ish) set of headphones, so I'm thinking just get some kind of interface or pedal.

Any ideas? I know it's a bit vague but I'm a bit out of the loop so wanted to keep my options wide open!

Cheers!
James

Welcome back 👍
I use a Korg Pandora PX4B for all my headphone practice. Ok so it's a bit long in the tooth, but it does the job and has loads of amp sims and FX built in. Doesn't eat batteries either.

Zoom B1ON
Bargaintastic - aux in, headphone out, looper, drum machine and a bunch of decent amp models and fx
Not as plasticky as you think it will be - seems really tough
All for £40

Edited by Mudpup

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1459695555' post='3018678']
Zoom B1ON
Bargaintastic - aux in, headphone out, looper, drum machine and a bunch of decent amp models and fx
Not as plasticky as you think it will be - seems really tough
All for £40
[/quote]

This ^

The Zoom looks pretty good, especially for the price. I used to have an EBS Microbass II that had headphones and Aux in (IIRC), however they are more expensive. It could also run on batteries so you could practise on the move lol!

Edited by jimbobothy

Phil Jones BigHead is another option. Very clean headphone amp and it's added feature is a decent USB interface in case you get to do some recording. Also charges from USB which is pretty neat. I had the Pandora and it's great, but the BigHead will improve you because there's no colouration to playing - what you play is what you hear.