Why become a member? ×

2 x Bill Fitzmaurice 1x12s - Astounding value £350 SOLD PENDING
£350

mrtcat

For sale are my two Bill Fitzmaurice designed Simplex 1 x 12 cabs finished in "Funky Purple".

Both contain pretty much brand new Eminence Kappalite 3012HO drivers which currently retail at £195 each. One cab is fitted with the Eminence APT80 tweeter. Both cabs are 8ohm and have 400w power handling. Both cabs weigh 16.4kg each.

I built these myself as my final BFM build when I stopped being an authorised BFM builder two years ago. Since then they have been used for probably 20 gigs but since I bought a bigger van I've been using a schroeder cab so these have only been used in my home studio recently. The wood is proper 12mm baltic birch ply with 11 very even plys and absolutely no voids. They are built to last and all components used are premium. I can also throw in the remainder of the tuff cab paint used so you can make them look like new over and over again if you wish.

They sound great. They go seriously loud if that's your thing and they have a pretty flat response and a tight authoritive bottom end. They have sprung handles and feet on bottom and sides so they can be stacked tall on smaller stages. Both have double speakon inputs at the back. They come with both steel grills and vintage style cloth grills (shown in 1st pic) and are easy to swap.

I'm only asking £190 each or £350 for the pair. That's less than the price of the drivers so a total steal. I'm not desperate to sell them so the price is firm. I can deliver withing 50 miles of Silverstone northants for free. If you want to come and try them I have a studio where you can give them a good run at gig volume.

[attachment=213645:Rig.jpg] [attachment=213646:IMG_7298.JPG] [attachment=213647:IMG_7299.JPG] [attachment=213648:IMG_7301.JPG] [attachment=213649:IMG_7295.JPG]

Edited by mrtcat

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1456844970' post='2992826']
No worries, all sorted. :)
[/quote]

Much appreciated thank you

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1456846047' post='2992836']
Very nice indeed! Great colour..

GLWTS
[/quote]

Thanks silverfoxnik, I love the colour but if it's not to someone's liking I think I also have some black tuff cab in the stores that I can throw in.

Now that's what I call service!! :)

I forgot to say earlier that your cabs look very well made and are clearly a bargain at the price you have them up for..

I have a pair of 1x12 cabs already, otherwise these would be very tempting indeed.

Having built a BFM J12 with the same Eminence driver in it, I can say with confidence that these cabs are going to be as good as anything available commercially and are an absolute bargain. The Kappalite 3012HO is a killer driver, a real cracker.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1456852596' post='2992906']

I forgot to say earlier that your cabs look very well made and are clearly a bargain at the price you have them up for..

[/quote]

I can personally vouch for the quality of mrtcat's cabinet building - they are superbly put together.

He's also a very nice chap to boot :)

[quote name='StraightSix' timestamp='1456863757' post='2993073']
I can personally vouch for the quality of mrtcat's cabinet building - they are superbly put together.

He's also a very nice chap to boot :)
[/quote]

Thanks so much :) did you get the fearful cab up and running in the end? I got to play with one of the fearless 212's not so long ago and it's definitely on my want list now.

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1456865998' post='2993113']
I suppose a courier is out of the question?
[/quote]

I could probably courier them but it would possibly be quite expensive. Where are you? I may be able to arrange something.

In a Freudian way I think I was asking for myself, but I pulled the trigger on something else today, I guess I was thinking aloud because I am sure there are all sorts of people who would love to get their hands on them if you could courier.

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1456864968' post='2993094']
Thanks so much :) did you get the fearful cab up and running in the end? I got to play with one of the fearless 212's not so long ago and it's definitely on my want list now.
[/quote]

I have all the bits now so its just a case of getting a warm weekend to put it all together.

I've been rather distracted recently as I also now have a Barefaced 69er ;)