Why become a member? ×

SOLD: ACG FINN Custom - Okoume/Ash/Maple/Lava Bubinga - PRICE DROP
£900

Kev

I have had this bass for just a few weeks, it is truly stunning but I don't think it will get played as much as it deserves to. My mind is not set on selling this at all, but thought it worth floating for interest to focus my decisions! :)

Here are the specs:

Spec Level: Custom

Okoume top with a 4mm wenge accent on a swamp ash body.
3 piece flame maple neck with an acrylic impregnated figured bubinga fingerboard
34" Scale 40mm Nut
Amber LEDs on the side of the neck.
ACG RFB pickup and a Hipshot Piezo Bridge
Custom East U Retro Preamp - Modified with a Mag Mixer Circuit to allow blending with the piezo (~£245 upgrade)

The bass was originally fitted with the filter preamp but this has been swapped out with the Custom East circuit, presumably to keep things a little simpler. Controls are Vol/Bal, Bass/Treble (Bright Pull), Mid Level/Frequency, and Tone control (Passive Pull), with switches for SIMS LEDs and Series/Paralell/Coil Tap for pickup. This bass is fantastically versatile as a result, piezo bridge is a new thing for me and its certainly a unique tone. Very light and well balanced.

The bass is in superb condition, couple of surface scratches that are too difficult to photograph and a [i]very[/i] small ding on the side. At some point the bass was fitted with a D Tuner but that has been replaced with a standard Hipshot tuner, the new tuner is a [i]very slightly [/i]different shade of black, believe it or not. Full disclosure and all that!

Bass is a dream to play with the Asymmetric neck. The top wood and fingerboard are outstanding pieces and photos do not do justice. Bass is strung up with a fairly fresh set of D'addario strings.

A selection of pics; the lower pictures show the preamp in its current config i.e. 3 stacked 1 single.

The bass will come with a fantastic Protection Racket case.

Would rather collection or happy to hand-deliver for petrol money. Can ship as a last resort at cost as I do have a box and can pack very securely, I just don't trust the buggers ;)

At this spec, New I believe it would set you back around £2,200, I am seeing this one for £900 ONO.

I am not interested in trades at this time.

Update 7/2/15: Having just giving it a good going over before selling, if I am being [i]very[/i] critical, I have noticed that there is a[i] tiny [/i]bit of fret buzz behind the fretted A# on the top string if you play with a [i]really [/i]hard attack. There is no trace of such buzz anywhere else on the neck. Obviously inaudible through amp, but noticeable acoustically. A little adjustment of the truss rod has pretty much got rid of it, may need to be adjusted a little more to completely get rid of it. Worse case the frets may need a little dressing. Not something important enough to disclose really but in the interest of full disclosure I feel compelled to mention it :).

Price is dropped to [b]£850[/b], or it can stay at £900 and I will get the bass professionally setup and sorted for you prior to sale. Your call :)

Edited by Kev

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1453845071' post='2963452']
That is a stunner. I personally just don't understand why anyone would remove the filter from a bass like this - but it's a cracker all the same.

Bump!
[/quote]

Cheers :)

To be honest, the preamp now has such an array of tone your not missing out on too much. Filter preamps are great but can be tricky to quickly dial in on the fly, each to their own :)