Why become a member? ×

gak

stef030

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5] [/size][/font]
[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]brilliant service from gak,[/font][/size]
[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]having bought a yamaha fiver and it being delivered as and when I was told,[/font][/size]
[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]there was a small issue to which the guys could not do enough to resolve,[/font][/size]
[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]giving me options all of which were great,[/font][/size]
[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]suffice to say they solved what in fact was a small issue brilliantly,[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]so well done to them,[/font][/size]
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size=5]good job guys[/size][/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size=5] :D[/size][/font]

GAK have always offered great customer service when I`ve dealt with them, as in, on the phone asking questions about products, as oppose to just sending out items I`ve bought. Which I might add, those items have always been delivered when expected.

I used GAK with no issues until a parcel I sent back to them as return got 'lost' for a week after being delivered.

The customer service was the worst I've had from a guitar mail order company, they consistently didn't get back in touch when they said they would, and they made out like it was my fault, even thought it was stated as delivered by the courier company. The guy was short and rude in his emails and clearly showed that he wasn't that bothered. Even when I phoned up they were no better. I sympathised with their position so was pretty easy going with them until they took the p%^#, they appeared like they didn't care and that really wound me up.

I got an apology in the end when they found it and after I pointed out in an email how frustrating they'd been, but I'd still never use them again after that experience.

Shame really as my many experiences before then had been very positive with GAK.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1449314895' post='2922468']
... and as an aside, a 'gak' is a derogatory term where I grew up.

Example: "Yer nat sposed to eat it wi le skin on, ye stupid gak"
[/quote]Meant something entirely different in some bands I worked with in my younger days.

[quote name='stef030' timestamp='1449357271' post='2922955']
the very same bass
[/quote]

Interesting! With mine the string holes in the bridge are too tight, I had to fight to get even super slinkies through, god knows how they got the existing strings on there. Then the edge of the nut chipped off on the B string side from stresses with the string. I could still play as the slot itself was undamaged, but I got it replaced. Also the nut that holds the input jack in place is forever loosening, I can never get it tight enough. I am a total weakling though, so that might just be me.