Why become a member? ×

Wal Mk1 fretted - £1200!!

TheGreek

Yes really!!

Just spoke to the fella - has had in many years and isn't gigging any more - feels that he's had his money's worth from it. He has a fella coming from Carlisle tomorrow to buy it - if you can get there first - I'd run..

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/wal-4-string-bass-guitar/1138375648

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1445273619' post='2890155']
Spoiler alert - I told him it's worth in the region of £3,500
[/quote]

That's fair enough, it is...

An older MK1, if everything checks out, probably around the £3k mark. He could certainly go for double his asking price if he was after a quick sale.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='roman_sub' timestamp='1445374136' post='2891087']
It was someone called Roy and bass is now apparently sold (not to me)
[/quote] Theres a fat idiot who I think is called Roy, lives in Livingston who buys stuff up on gumtree and then flogs it for profit the next week... watch ebay...

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1445410708' post='2891203']
Theres a fat idiot who I think is called Roy, lives in Livingston who buys stuff up on gumtree and then flogs it for profit the next week... watch ebay...
[/quote]

It was the seller who was called Roy and I think he was in Duddingston, so I'd presume it was a different chap from the Roy you've encountered.

Something is wrong here. It takes about 10 seconds to find out how much a Wal is worth, in the incredibly unlikely event that he would not know how much his own instrument may be worth. Why would he sell it for so cheap, and of course on Gumtree as opposed to Ebay or any other more lasting advertisement?

Stolen? I don't know, but in this day and age, and after having been told by someone its true value (which was bang on)...