Why become a member? ×

Used Warwick prices

Waddycall

Hi,
Can anyone give me a rough idea what I should expect to pay in a private sale for a 10 year old corvette standard (passive, bubinga) in near mint condition. No mention of a case.
There's one for sale near me and I could be interested but the asking price seems a bit high. I'd rather not say what the price is for a minute and see what you think.

Thanks,

Pete

From what I've seen, £400 is about right for a normal Corvette right now. Bubinga is a bit different and you might pay a bit more for that. Or you might pay less as bubinga is undeniably heavy. If you're thinking of gigging with it you might want to feel the weight first, before parting with your hard-earned.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1443886830' post='2878490']
From what I've seen, £400 is about right for a normal Corvette right now. Bubinga is a bit different and you might pay a bit more for that. Or you might pay less as bubinga is undeniably heavy. If you're thinking of gigging with it you might want to feel the weight first, before parting with your hard-earned.
[/quote]

This is a very good point. Even at my age (19/20 at the time) my back and shoulders were really feeling the strain of the bubinga corvette. I think I sold mine for £420ish but it was the active model and in pretty good nick.

[quote name='Waddycall' timestamp='1443890352' post='2878541']
The asking price is just shy of £600 so I think I'll give it a miss. Thanks for the help.

Pete
[/quote] My 96 Vette with the thinner wenge neck, brass nut was priced at £550 and easily worth that if not more. I'd have thought a 2005/6 would have had the thicker Ovankol neck? I sold a 2005 Ash body as I didn't like the chunky Ovankol neck, I think it was sold around £350 ish...a lot of bass for the money. The MEC pickups I find a bit weedy though, I modified mine with Bartolini's.

[quote name='Waddycall' timestamp='1443889568' post='2878530']
It has a wenge neck but is a 2005 model. How would that compare?
[/quote]

It would be a custom shop if it does. 2005 Corvette Standard has an Ovankgol neck. It is highly likely to be Ovangkol, but if it is wenge then like I say it will have to be a custom order and worth more as a result.

[quote name='Waddycall' timestamp='1443890352' post='2878541']
The asking price is just shy of £600 so I think I'll give it a miss. Thanks for the help.

Pete
[/quote]

Much too high. Hang around, you will find one for circa £400 on here or the Warwick forum in no time.

I just bought a 96 passive Bubinga corvette from the forum with hard case and postage at £450. Well pleased at that price. It weighs 9.6 pounds so no featherweight but not overly heavy either. The thing plays like butter and sounds killer.

Wouldn't have gone to £600 for it.