Why become a member? ×

Loud inc 410 cab

Marcus

these cabs have a pretty good rep behind them. a guy used to sell them on ebay for peanuts and for the money they were (apparently) pretty damn good. unfortunatly the guy was hopeless with the buisness side of things (apparently), and orders were late, not coming through etc. and then inevitably dissapeared.

OOooh! I remember these from when this ere forum was known as BassWorld. There are a lot more people who have had to 'deal' with former owner and cab builder from said company. As I understand it, the cabs themselves weren't bad.. they have good drivers in after all. However, it has been suggested that the guy who owned the company was a little less than honest and walked off with a good few customer's money. I understand they never got to see their purchases either.

I think I got the last one of these before Steve Kennedy did a runner, took me two months of phone calls to get it though.

They are great cabs for the money, well made, lightweight and sound quite good too. I have owned a 410 and 2 2x10s. There are quite a few on this site who have used them.

[quote name='JPJ' post='278196' date='Sep 5 2008, 08:44 PM']By chance, you didn't buy this on a certain forum dedicated to the local music scene in the north east run by a large red headed bloke who impersonates Bernie Marsden at weekends did you? :)[/quote]

ha ha Yes mate I did !!

picking it up this morning...... I'm using some distortions and stuff live and just wanted a cheap cab to not have to worry about !!

[quote name='dr.funk' post='278208' date='Sep 5 2008, 09:05 PM']I think I got the last one of these before Steve Kennedy did a runner, took me two months of phone calls to get it though.

They are great cabs for the money, well made, lightweight and sound quite good too. I have owned a 410 and 2 2x10s. There are quite a few on this site who have used them.[/quote]

Thanks buddy..... they seem to have a decent reputation, for the price i'm paying, don't think I can go wrong !

Mark

My first 4x10 was a Loud Inc off ebay, great cab!- i used it back then with a Hartke 3500 and i used to cane it loads with dub....needless to say i blew the tweeter within 5 minutes but i didn't need it. Anyhow cut a long story short i had the Loud for around 5 years in various places/bands as a coffee table etc and i sold it about a year ago to a young bassist who is regularly gigging with it now 2-3 time s a month.

[quote name='JPJ' post='278196' date='Sep 5 2008, 08:44 PM']By chance, you didn't buy this on a certain forum dedicated to the local music scene in the north east run by a large red headed bloke who impersonates Bernie Marsden at weekends did you? :)[/quote]

Had Mark not taken it then it would have been rude of me not to nip over the water and get it for use as a rehearsal cab :huh:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='278474' date='Sep 6 2008, 10:59 AM']Had Mark not taken it then it would have been rude of me not to nip over the water and get it for use as a rehearsal cab :huh:[/quote]

You know me John..... don't mess around whether buying or selling !!! :huh: :)

:) The INFAMOUS Loud cabs always make a reappearance on these forums from time to time! I first joined the old BW just after the whole Loud scandal hit - I actually live just half an hour away from Stephen Kennedy, it's a shame I didn't join sooner or I'd have been the Northern Irish Private Investigator (NIPI?)

Great cabs though, I haven't heard anyone who actually received them say a bad word about them

[quote name='steve-soar' post='281503' date='Sep 10 2008, 10:56 PM']If you're out there Steve get in touch, I'm sure you could come to some arrangement to pay your debts off and carry on building neat cabs, am I wrong? :)
From what I have seen and heard about these cabs they seem to do the biz.[/quote]

Last I head he was dying of cancer or something, lets hope that's true.