Why become a member? ×

Squier Jazz 'Silver Series' BIN £200

Paul S

Someone should nab this - these are very nice and this looks like a belter - collection only in Hook, however.
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Squier-Jazz-Bass-by-Fender-/221878023509?hash=item33a8f5f555"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Squier-Jazz-Bass-by-Fender-/221878023509?hash=item33a8f5f555[/url]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1441704277' post='2860959']
A bargain for sure and probably worth the petrol money from S London. However I'm looking for an excuse not to get it, so I'll say the fretboard is a bit light in colour. Phew! :D
[/quote]
Some linseed oil would soon darken that down.

There, I'm being helpful aren't I?

The necks on these ares quite wide as Jazz basses go at, as I recall, 40mm, so nearly Precision width. And the pickups quite dark and deep... if I weren't in the process of downsizing I would almost certainly be somewhere near Clackett Lane services by now.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1441708169' post='2860999']
The necks on these are quite wide as Jazz basses go at, as I recall, 40mm, so nearly Precision width.
[/quote]

Is that so? Well that changes things... but by the time I've got 200 sovs in me sky rocket it'll be gone for sure. :(

I have a Silver Squier Jazz. They are very nice basses. I saw one for sale recently on ebay and the seller had taken a picture of the original receipt. It cost £260 back in around 1993, 22 years ago. They were a cut above the bog standard Squiers.

And this is it

[attachment=200490:$_57.JPG]

Edited by gjones

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1442388140' post='2866471']
Gone now!
[/quote]

'This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available'. Which is code for 'This listing was ended by the seller because the bidding hadn't got anywhere near the price he wanted towards the end of the auction and he wasn't about to let it go for bugger-all'.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1442440915' post='2867070']

'This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available'. Which is code for 'This listing was ended by the seller because the bidding hadn't got anywhere near the price he wanted towards the end of the auction and he wasn't about to let it go for bugger-all'.
[/quote]

That's the trouble with starting an auction with a high start price. It hides any gauge of how enthusiastic the bidding could be. For all he knows it could have jumped £150 in the last minute or two.