Why become a member? ×

Barefaced One10

Roland Rock

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1457782058' post='3001733']

Your profile says you've got a CN112.

IMO that's one of the best 112 cabs around. Why would you need another 112 cab?
[/quote]

I know the CN112 is a great can. I'm just convincing myself I need slightly more cupboard space!

[quote name='DBerriff' timestamp='1457771325' post='3001630']
Hi tony. I have been using a single One 10 with the Puma 500 I bought off you and with a 15 piece big band rehearsal it is not even breaking sweat. I was asked to turn it down last week. :)

It is quite a turn around to see the guitarist struggling in with his Fender Twin amp while I waltz in with this tiny cab and pull the Puma out of my gig-bag pocket.
[/quote]

He must be polite... because a Fender Twin will drown much bigger bass rigs than that without breaking a sweat :lol:
I love the Fender Twin, but operators must be licensed :P

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1458045745' post='3004145']

He must be polite... because a Fender Twin will drown much bigger bass rigs than that without breaking a sweat :lol:
I love the Fender Twin, but operators must be licensed :P
[/quote]

If the One10 has similar output to a typical 1x12", a Twin will be more than capable of burying it. I like Twins, and I'd have one if cash and space allowed, but I can only think of about three guitar gigs in the past five years where I would have really appreciated it!

Edited by Beer of the Bass

[quote name='DBerriff' timestamp='1458076411' post='3004558']
Yes, the Twin could bury the One 10 and me as well. But as we are both playing at volumes appropriate to the band he is indeed a very polite young man. I think we are going to get on just fine.
[/quote]

sounds like a keeper, that guitarist! Treat him well! They're so rare! ;)

He is less than half my age and new to big band jazz so hopefully we can help each other. We have our first gig a week Saturday and can get to know each other a bit better then. You will not believe this, but the drummer seems to be a real gentleman too.