Why become a member? ×

Another Motörhead show ends early due to Lemmy's health issues.

The Admiral

I saw Motorhead in 1981 at Port Vale's Heavy metal Holocaust festival (Motorhead, Ozzy Osbourne with Randy Rhodes, Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush, Triumph and Vardis - what a line up!!. I think I remember the Bomber lighting rig but that might be a false memory. I remeber Marino as I was massive fan but I have no recollection whatsoever of Triumph.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1441350309' post='2858083']
Saxon were old even when they were young! Biff must be older than Lemmy?
[/quote]

I seen Saxon in 1980 on the wheels of steel tour. I think Biff has one of those unfortunate faces that looked old even then. They were bloody good though!

It's a shame. Other artists in their 70s are working out and changing their diets and bringing out fresh new material. But some artists will never change.

Seeing Saxon mentioned reminded me of this TV program where Harvey Goldsmith tries to turn them around:

http://youtu.be/ekrAHJtl3-g

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1441355789' post='2858146']
I saw Motorhead in 1981 at Port Vale's Heavy metal Holocaust festival (Motorhead, Ozzy Osbourne with Randy Rhodes, Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush, Triumph and Vardis - what a line up!!. I think I remember the Bomber lighting rig but that might be a false memory. I remeber Marino as I was massive fan but I have no recollection whatsoever of Triumph.
[/quote]

I was there too! Ears were ringing for days. Definitely had the bomber rig.

Pictures here : http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/heavy-metal-holocaust.html

Fascinating memoir from one of the local crew : http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/heavy-metal-holocaust-2.html

I saw Motorhead for the first time in 1979, Saxon were supporting.

Saw them for the second time in 2008, Saxon were supporting.

Sadly probably won't see them for a 3rd time in 2015 with Saxon supporting... :(

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1441355789' post='2858146']...I have no recollection whatsoever of Triumph.
[/quote]

I vaguely remember them. Canadian 3-piece - who sounded "surprisingly" similar to mid/late 70s Rush... :blink:

Jon.

I've never seen Motorhead, and if truth be told don;t really like heavy metal/rock but always had a soft for them, mainly due to the personality and bass of Lemmy... I thought he looked a bit static at Glastonbury... still amazing though

He should just quit, retire, be a legend and enjoy what time he has left... his body must be f***ed to pieces, I don;t want to see him working himself to death... he's paid he dues and then some...

Put your feet up mate, you've nothing left to prove.... take it easy...

Been watching Motorhead since '78 when I was under-age for the venues they played in. Seen them many times since. Met him many times too but the last time we had quite a long chat. What surprised me was most of the laughing and joking was gone, Lemmy had a PA ffs! They each had separate dressing rooms after the gig and all of them were alone. He did pour me half a pint of JD though :lol: .

As I said earlier, I wouldn't like to think it's just a corporate money spinning machine running him into the ground because of his oft quoted "I'll die on stage".