Why become a member? ×

Pubs that look after you

sbrag

After playing a few pubs recently where you barely get acknowledged by the staff it was lovely to play the 3 Horseshoes in Bradford-on-Avon on Saturday.

Shaun takes his music seriously,takes the time to chat to all of the band, pays without fuss and sorts out a pint or 2 as well! On top of that the pub has good acoustics and atmosphere and we had a good fun gig too.

Anyone else want to give a shout out to those favourite pubs to play.

The best music pubs round here are the harest to get in..and tbh, I prefer it that.
If we aren't deemed good enough, then fine, but it also sorts out the rosta so people will go there on
spec and see a band they haven't heard of as the venue is known for decent bands.

I am currently favouring pubs that put a small overhead on for bands...

Some discos and bands can up their rate to £500 plus for these venues and that has to be a good way to go, IMO.

Funnily enough most ska bands are on this higher rate... I call them bands that white guys can dance to...
but they tend to fill places easily enough. So laugh all you want :lol: :lol:

No, I don't play in ska bands :lol:

The Tea Gardens in Paisley gets my vote. Big Shug has bands on every weekend and although it`s slap bang on a main road, surrounded by tenement flats, usually tells us to crank up the volume a bit. It`s a small pub but is always busy with punters who come to hear the music which makes all the difference to me.

It`s nice to feel appreciated.

For us The Coach House in Paignton. We have payed there regularly for some years. Very friendly staff and regulars. We get booked for the whole year in one go. We have even practiced there on a quite weekday night. Always a good gig to be had.

I played a great gig at Cobbles in Lough, Lincolnshire on Friday night and they couldn't be more helpful to us. Helped us set up the P.A. carried boxes etc from the van, offered to make us breakfast the following morning even though we were staying in a local hotel for two nights.

I play in an originals band. We have to argue and cajole venues and promoters into giving us 50 quid. Yay, I feel so looked after. If by "looked after" you mean grudgingly been given a great honour by allowing us to play then yeah, I feel we've been "looked after".

We played a club recently, our first time there, we had hardly walked through the door when the landlady asked us what we'd like to drink. It was lovely, I think we all had a cup of tea (we're so rock 'n roll).