Why become a member? ×

James LoMenzo's new Yammy!

Bassmurf

[quote name='budget bassist' post='275813' date='Sep 2 2008, 09:44 PM']I don't usually like yamaha BB series basses (though having tried one some time ago they do sound very nice, ugly as f*** though), but that thing looks HOT! I want it!!![/quote]
+1 If they put that into production it would sell like hot cakes, it looks so RAWKKKKKK!

Right chaps, this is what Yamaha had to say....

"We do not have any current plans for a specific James LoMenzo signature model; however we are releasing a new BB414 which will be available late this year.

This bass features a scratchplate and a design very similar to James' bass.

For the more professional bass player, we will be releasing a new "Super BB" bass next year and although this may not come in the same colour as James' custom BB, the design and look of the bass is almost indentical."

Alex Wesley
Yamaha Guitars

As a former user/collector of 70s/80s Yamaha BBs, I have to say I'm not keen on James' bass aesthetically, it's too cluttered on the front, one too many P bass pups IMO. They're superb basses, BBs, both the old ones and the newer re-issued ones. I still miss my old BB3000S a lot.

Edited by Rayman

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Rayman' post='277646' date='Sep 5 2008, 09:28 AM']As a former user/collector of 70s/80s Yamaha BBs, I have to say I'm not keen on James' bass aesthetically, it's too cluttered on the front, one too many P bass pups IMO. They're superb basses, BBs, both the old ones and the newer re-issued ones. I still miss my old BB3000S a lot.[/quote]

Totally agree. After owning a BB1100S, BB3000AF and BB5000A I'll be interested to see how this new variant compares.