Why become a member? ×

NBD Super-P

kodiakblair

This week started off with a Retrovibe and ended with a Retrovibe.

When I saw the new models last month I though " Oh aye the Super-P could be one for me " Well Tuesday I was asking David at Retrovibe
a couple of questions regards the RV4 and innocently ask how the new basses were selling ? " Great " he says " Only 2 of the white Super-Ps left " :o

This caused a wee rethink of the planned purchase.Tuesday afternoon saw me learning and failing the joys of internet banking and ordering a white
Super-P. David's offering Free labour on any wiring mods,the MMs are 4 wire so series/parallel options available, and he suggested a mini toggle
switch. Fantastic idea David.

So the switch was duly fitted and the bass posted Thursday using next day delivery,another nice touch from Retrovibe.They don't post on Friday as the
basses would lie in a depot somewhere.Double boxed and bubble-wrapped it arrived safe and sound.

A beauty is how I describe it,completely flawless finish,good fret job.Set up out the box is brilliant,with low action and a well cut nut,credit card was too thick
to pass under strings but business card did so just right. 43mm nut well proportioned neck is very comfortable to play,think I measured 22.4mm deep at the
3rd fret.It's a 6 screw bolt on.it's not moving anywhere.

So if it'comfortable to play,it's just under 9lbs, how does it sound ? Bloody hell .David said he was happy with the P pickup,happy's an understatement
I'm over the moon. Growl,bark,bite I'm never sure what term to use so I'll just say I like it and it's clear so maybe Punch would be better. This leaves the MM,having
the mini toggle is a godsend.The jazz soloed sounds like a jazz perfect for pops,the MM sounds burpy like it should. Crap descriptions I know,my talent is chapping nails
not my vocabulary.

Now if you're looking for a P/J with that wee bit more feast your eyes

[attachment=196102:Super P (1).jpg][attachment=196103:Super P (2).jpg][attachment=196104:Super P (3).jpg][attachment=196105:Super P (4).jpg][attachment=196106:Super P (5).jpg]

Thanks lads I'm really pleased with it.

I've gotta say I prefer the sunburst fretless over the fretted sunburst,think it's the unlined neck.

Great time for British companies just now, what with Stephen at Chowny,David with Retrovibe and Revelation and FretKing.
OK they may not be built here but that's Skelf's job ;)

Was looking at these the other day, this would have been my choice too had I not already pulled the trigger on... something else. Looks really good and as it plays well and sounds great it's job done really. And they're not overly expensive either. What's not to like? :)