Why become a member? ×

IndigO2

Happy Jack

Ticket Price = £37.50

Facility Fee = £1.00

Service Charge = £4.90

Actual Price = £43.40 (i.e. nearly 16% higher than advertised)

So what do you get for your extra money?

"The venue facility fee will allow us to continue to invest in enhancing the O2 campus, to ensure that they continue to consistently deliver the highest-quality experience for artists, promoters and fans."

That's a relief, then. I thought they just put it in their own pockets.

And the service charge? £4.90 for allowing me to interact with an automated electronic website involving no time or effort on the part of IndigO2? Strangely, that's not explained. At all.

Now if they just said, the price of a ticket is (say) £42.50 then I wouldn't have a problem. It's the fundamental deceit plus the accompanying bullshit which mean that I won't now be buying those tickets.

Who is it you are seeing ? The way I look at things is the Audrey Harrison way.. Take it all on the chin. As I don't go to as many gigs now , I just pay and get on with it .
For example; if Rammstein play here in a couple of years , gotta expect to pay £150 or so.
Steep , but the best live band out there IMHO.
Seen Metallica every year since '84. Cost will be similar . I may not bother .

Haven't been to the indigo yet, but want to
Does this mean you're not happy jack,happy jack ?

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

Consider also, the embarrassment one must face when booking a gig through a promoter, who tells you he's put up a link to advance tickets online. So you tell your audience, and encourage them to get in early to avoid disappointment...only to have one of your friends get in touch to say,
"Erm...don't know if you've noticed, but there's actually a £1.50 booking fee on top of the ticket price. So it's actually cheaper if I take my chances and pay on the door..."

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1435236771' post='2806827']
I think the point is, if it isn't possible to avoid these charges why the f*** are they listed separately?
[/quote]

I've posted similar threads to this before and had the argument over the till at various venues. Invariably to no real resolution. You get charged even turning up to venues and paying in cash over the counter. Ther 'face value' is a nonsense, the product can never be bought at that price any more so why advertise it? The last I heard was 'PRS made us do it' (counter staff at Rock City, Nottingham). The other flimsy excuse is that the system used by many venues now cover more than one venue and the final price at different venues will be different (95% of cases I bet it's not). Or in other words they just can't be arsed to calculate what the [i]real[/i] minimum ticket cost is at each individual venue.

Edited by KevB

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1435238164' post='2806854']
The last 'proper ' fair and square ' ticket I purchased , was when I turned up on a Monday morning at the Albert hall to see jarre.
That was approx 7 years ago?!
I just waltzed in and purchased a couple of tkts.
No frills .
It can be done!
[/quote]

I could too at many venues 7 years ago, this has crept in over the last 3-4 in my experience. First time I came across it was 2012 at Nottingham arena. There was unequivocally [i]no way [/i]you could pay the (web advertised) face value even if you were there in person with cash in hand. Since then even the smaller venues like Rock City are at it. First it was a surcharge even if you paid with a debit card then the 'handling fee' came in irrespective of how you paid.

Edited by KevB