Why become a member? ×

Just seen primus at Brixton ., need help. Try not to spoil gig for others

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1435140904' post='2805805']
Did anyone else hear an Oom-pah** version of La Villa Strangiato in the interval?

** as in German brass band, not Oompah Loompahs. At how many other gigs does one need to make this distinction?
[/quote]

Sounds like the one from one of the Rush tour videos a few years back.

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1435180943' post='2806374']
Must have been a really good performance.

[/quote]

:D I really ought to ban you right here and now but seeing as you have officially given me the first laugh of the day, we'll let it pass.

Saw them in Manchester yesterday, enjoyed most of it as the sound quality at the Manchester Apollo was decent and there was a lot of familiar tunes from right across their career, great to hear American life, My name is Mud etc.

Wasn't so keen on the chocolate factory part of the set, mostly it was too whimsical and bizarre for my tastes. Although there was some cracking xylophone & cello solos.

[quote name='Bradwell' timestamp='1435242282' post='2806905']
Although there was some cracking xylophone & cello solos.
[/quote]

Yeah, they got the biggest cheers at Brixton as well - they really made a difference tbh

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1435245278' post='2806944']
I agree with you . I also think they should've played the set In the reverse order. Crowd faves first . Somebody in here thought that is what woukd happen iirc.

[/quote]

They did that at Manchester last night - a comprehensive romp through all of the albums (only exception was Antipop) as a trio, then the Wonka set. Encores with the cellist and percussionist were brilliant!

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1435256388' post='2807076']

They did that at Manchester last night - a comprehensive romp through all of the albums (only exception was Antipop) as a trio, then the Wonka set. Encores with the cellist and percussionist were brilliant!
[/quote]

Yes, Manchester was great. Some excellent song choices, loved cellist and the chap on percussion. The Wonka set was bonkers, had a laugh when the umpalumpas had the 2 footy strips on in the club shops, didn't know which one to boo the most, nice touch though.

The 2 half hour drive home was a killer but worth it.

I went to see them in Manchester yesterday, ran in to Les in Piccadilly station in the afternoon. Got a fist-bump and a "see you at the gig man" from him when I said hi. Not asking him for photo may haunt me to the grave though...

Edited by CraigBurks

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1435256388' post='2807076']
[/quote]

That's what happened at Brixton as well

*drinky drinky motion*