Why become a member? ×

Van Halen kicks off again.

Grassie

Point of order, Mr Delvar. I was in Ms Moore's kitchen unblocking her waste disposal unit at the time of the event you describe, and from what I heard the nocturne in question was clearly a Debussy.
Incidentally, a confidentiality contract Ms Moore required me to sign before the commencement of works prevents me from revealing what it was that I found the blockage to be -- suffice it to say that it no longer worked, even with a new battery.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1435073294' post='2805148']fnarr[/quote]

Sorry, but I'm afraid the contract contained a double-entendre exclusivity clause too. So your comment should now read:

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1435073294' post='2805148'][size=4]fnarr [size=2]© D.Moore 2015[/size][/size][/quote]

[quote name='blamelouis' timestamp='1434904972' post='2803741']
[media]http://youtu.be/yXPM6d9IdiY[/media]

Hehehehe !
[/quote]

To be fair to him, they had to stop this tour early because he lapsed back into drink and drug addiction problems. This is from the reunion tour with DLR around 2007. In the preceeding 20 odd years that Sammy hagar was in the band they had been playing it in a different key. but he should have realised, probably too f***ed.

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1435072081' post='2805121']
... a confidentiality contract Ms Moore required me to sign before the commencement of works prevents me from revealing what it was that I found the blockage to be -- suffice it to say that it no longer worked, even with a new battery
[/quote]

Having not been party to the confidentiality agreement I can reveal the item in question was an early prototype Peterson headstock strobe tuner, the remains of which are now in the R S Laing collection. Peterson had loaned it to Demi's then husband the musician Freddie Moore for the purposes of evaluation.

Freddie's onstage schtick was doing a cat impersonation (fact - check wikipedia if you don't believe me). I remember him 'doing the cat' at The Whisky in 1981 and noticing a young George Galloway in the audience, an expression of rapt attention on his face.

Perhaps Freddie might have risen to greater heights had I not introduced Demi to Bruce Willis at one of Alice Cooper's golf days. The experience of being dumped completely unmanned Freddie and he sank back into an obscurity relieved only by NAMM demo gigs with Jeff Berlin who eventually sacked him for crying every time they played a piece in a minor key.

I feel myself partially responsible for Freddie's downfall and relate the tale as a corrective to those who might inadvertantly bring disharmony between a fellow muso and his main squeeze. The same thing happened when I tired of Patti Scialfa and laid her off on Springsteen during a long weekend at the Kennedy compound in Hyannisport. I remember Harper Lee giving me a very hard time about that, even though I was fellating her most industriously during the conversation.

The only way I could get Harper to shut up was to progress to 'the main event' - and that, of course, was the night I got to drill a mockingbird.

Great days, good times.

Edited by skankdelvar