Why become a member? ×

And Justice for all added bass download

MarkG3

Audio files can usually be extracted from youtube, there are various online free packages for doing it. If the sound quality is good enough then it's just a matter of separating the tracks with something like wavepad, saving them as a wav file and burn them to a disk. Or you could convert to mp3 at source and just load them into itunes or whatever.

I doubt they'll ever remix it.

Doing so would prove that Lars and James are total dumbasses who'd rather wreck an album than have a new(ish) member of the band out class them.

Edited by bartelby

Not being a fan of the band I didn't know any of the story behind Jason Newsted's time in the band. Doesn't reflect well on the rest of them at all.

Bands can be right ar*eholes at times... Still can't believe what the Osbournes did to Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake (and why Daisley kept going back to work with him/them).

http://www.bobdaisley.com/interview/website

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1434467326' post='2799905']
The entire album's available on Youtube as "Justice For Jason". No idea where audio files can be obtained though.
[/quote]

This is actually a fan playing over the album. very good playing but not Jason. If you search YouTube though people have extracted a few of the tracks from Guitar Hero. You'll know its Jason because of the aggressive driven Sansamp + plectrum sound. I used one of those to learn Blackened which I did a bedroom cover video of :P

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1434472664' post='2799964']
I doubt they'll ever remix it.

Doing so would prove that Lars and James are total dumbasses who'd rather wreck an album than have a new(ish) member of the band out class them.
[/quote]

This album has always been controversial when it comes to the lack of bass. As it happens I had just finished the chapter regarding the making of this album in "enter night" the Metallica biography and there are a couple of explanations for why it may have happened.
There is the obvious one is that the bass was turned down as a hazing prank to mess with Jason, this has been eluded to by Rex Brown in his book, he was out with James and had been played the album, when Rex asked where the bass was, James laughed and said they were just messing with Jason.
The next version is that it IS possible that they didn't feel his contribution was good enough to be on the album. Best in mind Cliff left a massive hole in the band musically when he died, so maybe they were subconsciously looking for more than Jason could offer. It's worth noting at this point in his career, Jason was a good bass player with a strong work ethic which got him into the band in the first place, however by his own admission he really knew nothing about REALLY playing bass, or how to record it, so it's also worth considering that his tone wasn't what they were after.
The last option is that due to the mindset of James as Lars, they wanted to cover the hole left by cliff by pushing themselves all the way forward. Flemming Rassmussen has even said that due to the guitar and drum sounds/eq'ing on this album, they take up most of the room sonically, therefore leaving NO room for the bass anyway. Personally I think this is the most likely excuse, although there is probably some truth to all the above and any other reasons going about. It's been eluded that James may have even secretly played the bass on this album to further take control of the product, but I would doubt this, he may have written most of the bass parts, but he would at least have let him play.
By comparison, the previous recording of the garage EP has Jason prominently in the mix, and he sounds great, while he is not one of my most favourite bass players, his tone on the black album is to die for, and he has to be one of the toughest mofo's on the planet for surviving the early days in the band, he basically became the whipping boy for the band and the crew to take out their grief of losing Cliff on.